Chapter 15

Date: April 17th, 2021 (Sunday)

After Caden left Lauren sat there for about 10 minutes thinking over what he told her. She should tell her siblings or at least Owen, Maddie, and Ryan since she is closer to them. The worst that can happen is that they won't like her anymore which is not what she wants but the more she thinks about it there's a really small chance that they would hate her.

After all, it's not her fault that her mom did what she did. However, She is still upset with her mom. She let her think for all these years that Cameron was her dad and that he just treated her badly because of something she did when really it was because he isn't her father. After contemplating for a few more minutes Lauren finally made up her mind on what she wanted to do.

After all of the thinking and Lauren's brain finally being a little clear she just realized where she actually was and why. She was at the hospital because there was something wrong with her sister. All kinds of thoughts were running through her mind. What happened? Is her sister ok? Is she going to die?

Right at that moment, someone opened up the door. Lauren looked over to see that it was Owen. She immediately jumped up and ran up to him.

"What happened to Maddie? Is she ok? Is she going to die?" Lauren said really fast.

Owen was caught by surprise. She hasn't talked to him or Maddie in days so he really didn't expect her to fire all these questions at him. He could tell that she was starting to stress herself out.

"Whoa Lauren calm down. Take a deep breath. First of all, no Maddie is not going to die. She just tripped over a hole and hit her head pretty hard on the ground to the point she went unconscious. She had a small head bleed so they took her into surgery. She should be out in a few minutes but we won't be able to see her for another hour or so. She will be in the hospital for two days so that they can monitor her. So you can relax, she is going to be fine."

Lauren relaxed. She felt much better knowing that Maddie was going to be fine. She didn't know what she would do if she wasn't going to be ok.

"How about we go up and hang in mom's room until we can go and see Maddie? Ryan is already there," Owen said, looking at her.

She didn't really want to see her mom but she also didn't want to tell Owen no so she just nodded her head.

In Lisa's room

Lisa was laying in the hospital bed while Ryan was sitting next to her in a chair. They were talking about the show that they were watching on the small hospital TV. A few minutes passed when the door to the room opened and in walked Owen and right behind him was Lauren.

Lisa was surprised to see her youngest daughter since she hasn't seen her since Thursday and the last time they talked Lauren was upset with her. Lisa knows that Lauren has been avoiding her these past few days.

"Hey Lauren," Lisa said to her in a calming tone.

Lauren was still very much upset with her mother so she didn't even want to be around her let alone talk to her but she also didn't want her brothers to think that she was being rude.

"Hey, mom," She said back in a flat tone.

Owen immediately knew that something was off with Lauren and their mom's relationship because normally Lauren would be excited and run up to their mom to give her a hug, Especially after she hasn't seen her in a few days. Then all of a sudden it clicked in Owens's mind or well sort of. The reason Lauren has been acting the way she has since Thursday must have something to do with their mom and whatever it was they talked about on that day. Owen just wants to know how to get answers out of Lauren without her getting upset at him.

A few minutes passed of silence due to everyone either being lost in their thoughts or watching the show that was on the TV.

Lisa broke that silence by asking Lauren how she was doing since she wanted to have a conversation with her since she hasn't had one in a few days. However, that turned out to be a mistake.

"Why do you even care about how I am doing? I should just lie to you and say that I am fine since you didn't seem to care to lie to me for my whole entire life or even think about how it would affect me when you finally told me the truth. You can't think that I would get over it in a few days and not be upset with you. I still can't believe you tried to keep it from me and only told me because you were forced to," Lauren said with a lot of anger in her voice.

Owen and Ryan were shocked. They had no idea what Lauren was talking about but they were definitely going to find out in a few minutes.

"Lauren, I said I was sorry. I don't know what else you want me to do," Lisa said with teary eyes. She can't stand to have her youngest so angry at her.

"There is nothing you can do. You know what? I can't actually be in the same room as you right now. I'm just going to wait out in the hallway," she said sadly and walked out the door. Tears were welling up in her eyes. She knew for a fact that Owen and Ryan were going to follow her out and ask her what was going on. Was she super nervous to tell them? Yes. Was she scared that they could hate her and want nothing to do with her? Yes, but she needed to get this secret off of her chest because it's starting to take an effect on her and she can't handle it anymore.