Chapter 16

Date: April 17th, 2021 (Sunday)

Ryan and Owen looked at each other shocked. They were both so confused about what just happened.

"Mom, what is going on?" Owen asked, looking at her.

Lisa knew that if Owen didn't know yet then that means Lauren wasn't ready to tell him and she wanted to leave it up to Lauren if she wanted him and the rest of her siblings to know.

"I'm sorry sweetie but it's not my place to tell you. Lauren needs to tell you herself when she is ready."

Owen became immediately concerned and a little nervous to know what was going on. Ryan was also concerned because he has never seen Lauren get this upset at anyone even at their dad who treated her horribly.

Owen and Ryan were about to walk out of the room to go after Lauren when all of a sudden there was a knock on the door and a doctor walked in.

"Hi, I am Dr. Manning. Are you guys related to Maddie Morgan?"

"Yes."

"I am the new doctor on her case. I just wanted to let you all know you can go into her room now. She isn't awake yet but she should be waking up in the next hour or so. If you have any questions for me just let a nurse know and they will page me," Dr. Manning said.

"Thank you, Doctor," Lisa said and Dr. Manning walked out.

"You guys go ahead to her room and take Lauren with you. I have chemo in 15 minutes," Lisa said.

Ryan and Owen just nodded and walked out of the room to search for Lauren. They looked over to the left of the hall and saw a small waiting area. Then they spotted her sitting on the floor up against the wall. Even though there were seats available for some reason whenever Lauren is upset she likes to sit on the floor with her knees up against her chest. Owen and Ryan walked over to her.

Lauren was silently crying. Owen bent down to be at eye level with her.

"Lauren, are you ok? Do you want to talk about what's bothering you?"

She looked at him and just nodded her head not trusting her voice at the moment.

"Ok. Let's go into Maddie's room so we can talk in private,"

Owen got up and reached his hand to help her off the floor. Lauren grabbed his hand and followed Ryan to Maddie's room.

In Maddie's room

The three of them walk into the room and Owen immediately turns to Lauren and says "Lauren you are really starting to worry me now. Will you please tell us what's going on?"

Lauren looks up at him and says "What I am about to tell you is going to be a big shock. I kept debating on if I was going to tell you guys because I didn't want you guys to hate me but one of my friends said that I just needed to tell you to get it off my chest."

Owen and Ryan just nodded.

She started off by telling them what Cameron said to her and then explained the conversation she had with her mom.

"My real dad is some kind of cop and his name is Adam Baker. Please don't hate me."

By the end of the story, she was in tears again. Owen and Ryan were definitely in shock. They didn't know what to expect but they weren't expecting this. However, Owen and Ryan weren't sure why Lauren was afraid that they were going to hate her. After all, what happened wasn't even her fault.

Owen and Ryan shared a look. Owen knelt down in front of Lauren and looked into her eyes. "Why would you think that we would hate you?"

"Because I am the reason your dad and mom split up. I am the reason that you and Maddie grew up without a dad and why you, Brett, and Nathan grew up without a mom. Also, I am not even your full sister and you have had to deal with me all of these years," She said while pointing at Owen and Ryan.

"Lauren, Look at me right now," Ryan said. She looked up at him.

"None of that is your fault. Don't ever think that it was. We don't blame you. What happened is between mom and our dad, not you. Just because we aren't full siblings we are still half-siblings meaning you are still our little sister and just because we are half-siblings doesn't change how much we love and care about you," Ryan said looking straight into her eyes.

Lauren nodded her head and immediately went over to Ryan to hug him while still crying a little in his chest.

She was so relieved to finally tell her siblings about the secret.

"Lauren," Maddie said. She woke up about 5 minutes ago but she didn't say anything since they were having a conversation.

Lauren got out of Ryans' embrace and looked over at Maddie and then ran over to her.

"Maddie, are you ok? I am so sorry that I was ignoring you all week. I am such a terrible sister." Lauren said super fast.

"Whoa Lauren calm down. First of all, I am fine, don't worry. Secondly, you are not a terrible sister. I heard what you said to Owen and Ryan. I would never hate you and like Ryan said what happened wasn't your fault and seriously please don't blame yourself. I love you so much and I always will," Maddie said and scooted over to let Lauren lay next to her. 

"I love you, Maddie," Lauren said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maddie was able to leave the hospital the next day and would make a full recovery. Lauren ended up telling Nathan and Brett about how she has a different father from them and they both said pretty much the same thing as her other three siblings told her. They all asked her if she was ever going to want to meet her real father which she said yes but she wasn't ready for that yet. All of them told her that they would be there for her when she was ready to meet him which she very much appreciated. Lauren wished she would have told her siblings right when she found out because for one it would have been a lot less stress on her and she would have been able to lean on them but she also feels guilty for trying to push them away and for thinking that they would have hated her because she was only their half-sister. She knows that her siblings love her no matter what and she will never forget that.

_______

A/N:

That is the end of this book. This is honestly the first book I have ever written that I have fully completed. I just want to thank everyone who has spent their time reading this book. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

I also wanted to say that I think I am going to make a sequel to this book where Lauren will meet her biological father but I don't know when I will exactly start writing and publishing those chapters.

Anyway, again thank you for reading this book and hopefully, you will come back and read the sequel whenever I get around to writing it.