OO9

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
YOUR EYES shot open as a few beads of sweat trickled down your forehead, a nightmare had invaded your sleep, leaving you in fear you never want to feel.

your eyes met a unfamiliar ceiling, different from your usual ceiling that had an old boring lightbulb, the light bulb evolving to a fancy chandelier that illuminated the room.

sitting up uncomfortably, your eyes started to dart anywhere around room, studying the corner and furnitures that designated the room. your eyes wandered, failing to notice the blonde sipping her own cup of tea, noticing you finally awake.

“ you’re finally awake. ” you visibly flinched slightly, your head snapping towards the source of the voice seeing an awfully familiar face.

“ who are you? ”

yelena chuckled softly, placing down her cup, staring back at you. “ don’t you remember me? ”

“ would i be asking you if i do? ” you hissed, warily scanning her as well as your surroundings again.

“ the person who your mother sometimes ask to babysit you when you were thirteen. ” she responded.

“ ah, that yelena. ” you let your guard Dow a little, but still being cautious of her future actions although, she showed no signs of being harmful to you.

“ calm down sweetie, i won’t do anything to you. ” the nickname she gave you stirred something in you, a sick feeling dancing inside of you.

“ where am i? ” you weren't dumb, you know where you were currently at, you just had to make sure.

“ one of the resorts wings of freedom owns. ”

resort? you knew you were somewhat in their territory but resort? so you’re basically surrounded by ocean itself?

“ resort? ” she hummed a reply, slowly standing up, she slowly walked towards you, being mindful of your wariness.

“ i’m sure you’re good enough to understand the situation. ” she took a seat beside you, completely giving you your personal space as your mind wandered.

you slowly connected the dots, your eyes widening in realization.

your mother’s reconciliation with you, her goodbye, how she didn’t show to pick you up, the knock on the door, the black out.

she died.

you sat in silence, everything was starting to come down to you. you felt yelena placed her hand in your shoulders, obviously feeling pity for you.

but no, you didn’t need her pity, you don’t need anyone else's pity. it hurts, but you don’t know how to express it. no tears threatened to leak.

you didn’t even try to shrug her hand off, her lips were moving, as if she was talking to you. but her words were silent in your ears, the only thing you hear was a quiet ringing.

“ her body is in the headquarters, ” she took a pause seeing your unresponsive state. “ we could go back to see your mom once everything is fine. ”

she took notice of your lack of response as you continued to stare at nothingness.

she slowly moved her free hand to take the red box at the small desk placed right beside the bed you were once resting, glancing back at your figure beside her.

“ we suppose, your mom was going to give this to you before the accident. ”

your eyes glanced down at the now red box placed in your lap, your hands touched the box, caressing it carefully.

“ i’ll leave you for now, ” she took a pause. “ condolences, my love. ”

she took a swift kiss in your forehead before exiting the room, looking back at you before finally shutting the door behind her.

surely, the nickname churned something in you again, but you remained quiet and unfazed until you heard the click of the door, signalling that the woman had already left.

your hands opened the box to see a necklace with a turquoise pendant. it looks a bit dull but it was probably from the lack of lighting in the room.

you slowly took the necklace from the box, gently wearing it on your neck.

a sudden surge of emotion whirled over you as a choked sob escaped you.

your cries and sob soon turned loud as you held the pendant dearly in your hands.

you felt overwhelmed as always, tears continued to fall from your eyes. your hands are probably turning red from how tight you were gripping the necklace.

“ mom.. ” you were mourning for the last time as you knew in the next few hours or days, you would never cry yet again.

“ mom.. why? ” you choked another sob out, pressing your face harder in the pillow. “ i’m sorry. ” you don't even know why you were sorry.

probably because it took the both of you too long to reconcile?

“ are you happy? ” a soft chuckle left you as another sob arose in your throat. “ you’re with dad now. ” you knew she’s now at peace considering she's with your father now.

“ i’ll miss you. ” you finally let the pendant go. “ i love you, mom. ” you closed your eyes, letting the darkness consume you.

yelena opened the door slightly, making sure you were asleep before taking a peek at you.

your eyes were red and puffy, dried tears decorating your cheeks. your hands were red and the shape of the pendant slightly engraved in your palms from how tight you were holding on it.

she stalked towards your body, crouching down next to your face, wiping your tears and brushing your hair out of the way.

“ you’ll be fine. ” she kissed your forehead. “ everything is going to be fine. ” her eyes wandered to your pendant that was hanging in your neck.

“ i’ll promise to protect you. ” she continued to brush your hair out the way, completely unaware of the figure at the doorway.

“ yelena. ” the said woman, stopped her actions, knowing the all familiar voice. “ what are you doing? ”

“ what does it look like i’m doing. ”

ymir raised a brow at the woman, leaning against the door. “ to me, you’re doing something that is against the queen’s orders. ”

“ which is? ” yelena tilted her head slightly, rising from her position, her eyes staring directly at ymir’s.

“ to touch what her’s. ” yelena’s laugh resonated around the room, the sound making you whimper a bit in your sleep. “ there is nothing hers in her, ymir. ”

ymir smirked lightly, a sly look in her face. “ you sure about that? ” ymir taunted as yelena raised an eyebrow.

“ try asking the queen herself. ”
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
REWRITTEN ✔
( 2023 )
— unedited

my bday is on monday
dec 11 e e e e e e e