Chapter 3 ◌ La sua roccia

DAMIANO

DAMIANO

On tour, 2021

I sit down on my bed and sigh defeated. I already regret walking away like that from Victoria in the same way I walked away from Marlena when I couldn't take her outbursts anymore. But it's different with Vic than it was with Marlena. 

**
Ho perso Marlena pezzo per pezzo
Si è sbriciolate con quelle urli
Le sue grida hanno eroso parti di me
Come se lei trasformasse in un fiume
E porta lontano I miei pezzi al mare
Ero la sua roccia
Ma lei mi ha frantumato in mille scaglie
Volando via col vento
Tremo di freddo
Tutto ciò che sono ora è un muccio di argilla
Ho raccolto minuscule pietre in tasca
Ma non sono riuscito a tenere tutto insieme
Guardando triste il sorriso di lei che ho tenuto nella mia collana
Vorrei solo che migliorassimo

Quindi Marlena, torna a casa
Ché paura di sparire

*

I've lost Marlena piece by piece,
She crumbled with those screams.
Her cries eroded parts of me,
As if she turned into a river,
and took my pieces far away,
To the sea. 
I was her rock, but she made me shatter into a thousand flakes,
Flying away with the wind, I shiver.
All I am now is a heap of clay,
I collected tiny stones in my pocket,
But failed to keep it all together.
Looking sad at the smile of her I've kept in my locket.
I just wish we'd get better.

(So Marlena, come back home because I'm afraid I'll disappear)

**

I have to lay down in my bed for a while because I'm daydreaming about memories I'm supposed to have forgotten about by now. This is exactly why I can't watch Vic falling apart. I really want to help because she isn't that lost yet, so there's hope. But every time this happens she gets pulled farther away. I know she's surrounded by Thomas and Ethan, a thought that calms me down a little. I'm glad we're all so close, maybe not in the same way as before but I'm thankful for the support of my friends, i miei fratelli e la mia sorellina.

I close my eyes, switching the dazing lights for darkness. Maybe the moon is waiting for me.

Someone knocks at the door. "Dam, can I come in?" I hear Victoria asking. "Sì, Vic, please come lay down with me."

She closes the door behind her and I feel her stepping in on the other of the bed. She lays down with her head next to mine. I try to smile at her and I think she's doing the same thing but it seems that we both can't find the words. 

So I start: "Mi dispiace, Victoria (I'm sorry, Victoria)" I say while pulling her a little closer, into my arms. I see tears forming in her eyes again so I try to wipe them away. "Me too," she says. "Vic, you have nothing to excuse yourself for. You don't have to say sorry for missing people." A single, thick tear rolls down her cheek and she tries to hide her face in her hands. I take her hands into mine and look into her eyes, now with a real smile. It soothes her, and she's truly calming me down too. 

So we just lay there, looking at each other and breathing in the same air until we fall asleep. This feels peaceful, it's nice to have a friend. Victoria brings light in my darkness, my very own ray of moonlight. 

***

A/N: Hello readers, I wanted to try something different here, but writing poems is harder than I thought, and Italian (and English) aren't my first languages. I wrote it completely in English, but then I discovered that it sounded better in Italian (probably multiple mistakes). In fact, Italian is just a more beautiful language. I had some struggles, but because I see Damiano as some modern poetry-god I had to try this. 

I really really really hoped you liked this chapter (and the 2 previous ones, ofc). If so, please leave me a vote or a comment don't be shy :)