Chapter 1

"Thank you Avery. We'll let you know our decision by Monday."

"Alright," I told the judges as I walked to the lobby.

Here's the deal; I auditioned for a part in my favorite tv show EPIC. They were holding auditions in my home town, Jacksonville Florida, and I figured I would give it a try. EPIC is a dance show with the best dancers performing their dance tricks. The cool thing about EPIC is that it's not only dancing, but it's also a comedy show.

Anyways, I walked into the lobby to find my mother and my best friend Jojo reading magazines while they waited for me. Jojo auditioned also. Unfortunately only two people will make the cut, and it probably won't be us.

"Hey, guys," I said. As soon as they heard me, they instantly stopped reading and looked at me.

"Oh, honey, you're done. That didn't take long. Did you make it?" my mother asked, standing up. Jojo stood up too, and we started walking towards the elevator.

"I don't know yet. They said they would tell us sometime before Monday."

"Okay."

"Hey, want to go get something to eat?" Jojo asked me.

"Sure. Can I mom?"

"Yeah, as long as you're back before 7."

"Okay, thanks mom. I'll see you later." I gave her a hug, and Jojo and I walked into the elevator. The doors closed, and the elevator started to go down. The auditions were at a hotel.

"So, where are we going for dinner?" I asked Jojo.

"Hmm... I'm in the mood for fish. How about you?"

"Sounds good to me. Let's do it." We walked out to Jojo's car, and Jojo drove to the best seafood restaurant in town, which is only five minutes away.

We were talking for a little while, when Written in the Stars came on the radio.

"I love this song!" we both said at the same time. Then we started singing along.

When the song was over, we pulled into the parking lot as soon as That's What You Get by Paramore came on. Too bad because I love that song. We got out, and walked towards the entrance.

"Wait, I feel like I'm forgetting something," Jojo said to me.

"What?"

"I think I forgot my wallet in the car and I need it to pay when we finish."

"Oh, I can pay. No big deal."

"Okay," she said with no thought.

"Hi, how many?" A waiter asked us.

"Two," I answered.

"Alright, follow me," he said and we followed him to a table. We got placed in a booth by the window.

"A waiter will be with you shortly," he said smiling, and then walked away.

"I'll be right back. If a waiter comes, order sparkling water for me."

"Okay," I replied as she walked towards the bathroom. 

____________ _____________________________________ 

It's Monday morning, and I just woke up. My mother used a megaphone to wake me up early. She said something about going to the hotel where we auditioned for EPIC. I don't really know why, all she told me was that they called to tell us to go there.

"Get ready, we're going in fifteen minutes," my mother warned me. In case you're wondering if we have school today, no because it's summertime.

"I thought you said we have to be there in an hour?"

"We do, but we're also picking up Jojo."

"Oh, okay." I walked up to my room, grabbed the clothes I was going to wear, and went into the bathroom to take a shower. When I got out, I put my outfit on. I was wearing a light blue blouse, bright blue silky pants with a hot pink stripe on the sides, and a blue zebra striped headband. Afterwards, I starightened my hair.

"Okay, I'm ready," I said, walking down the stairs.

"I am too. Let's go!"

I put on my cheetah print grey jacket, my hot pink vans, and we headed out the door.