Chapter 9

"My mom is getting married and I think I want to stay here. Sorry."

"I get it; it's really because of me isn't it? I don't blame you, I've been a jerk."

"No my mom really is getting married. Thanks for telling me the truth though."

"Yeah well see you later maybe."

"Bye." I hung up the phone. My mom walked through the door.

"What was that about?" she asked.

"Bethany called and she wanted me to move back to Hollywood. Turns out she was mean because she was jealous." I shrugged.

"You're kidding?! What'd you say?!"

"I said no. I want to stay here with you."

"What? Why?"

"I'd choose family over being a celebrity any day. Sure, it's what I've dreamed of my whole life. Family is important to me though."

"What are you talking about?"

"If you and Paul are getting married I want to be here."

"You're so sweet! You don't have to," she told me and hugged me.

"I want to." There was a pause. It was then that I remembered something. "Now that I'm not going to be on EPIC is Krista still going to babysit me?" I gagged at the word 'babysit.'

"No, I canceled the trip."

I showed no emotion on the outside but on the inside I was screaming with happiness. "Why did you cancel it?"

"So I can plan our wedding." When she said the word 'wedding' I was upset but at the same time I was happy for her. That's the only reason I decided to give Paul a chance; for her.

~The wedding day sixth months later~

I sat in the front row looking towards the entrance. The flower girl walked down throwing the flower petals. Five minutes went by and then it was my mom's turn to walk down the aisle. She appeared through the doors and everyone gasped, Paul just smiled. She was wearing a white long dress draped down to the floor. She looked beautiful. She reached where the priest and Paul were standing and they began their bows.

"You may kiss the bride," the priest said after twenty or so minutes. "You are now husband and wife," he announced after they kissed. They ran down the aisle and I smiled. I was happy for her and I had a feeling everything was going to be okay after all. We're going to be a family again! A real family!