Chapter 5

"Avery, are you okay? What happened?" I heard a voice ask.

I opened my eyes and my vision was blurry. Carrie and Bethany were standing in front of me in our room. "I don't know," I replied. My head hurt really badly. I touched my head and then memories started to flow back to me. "The last thing I remember is falling into the pool and hitting my head against the edge."

"Well how did you fall in?" Carrie asked.

"Bethany grabbed my legs and pulled me in." Carrie looked over at Bethany and gave her a look as if to say why would you do that?

"Avery, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to," she lied.

"That's okay. I'm fine, my head just really hurts." I decided to forgive her since it would probably save some drama.

"Well I'm glad you're okay." She gave me a hug and whispered in my ear, "I wish you broke something so you couldn't dance and you'd be forced to go back home." After she pulled away she climbed into her bed.

"Well I see you want to go to sleep so I'll go now as long as you're okay, Avery."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Goodnight."

"Okay. Remember to be down at the set at eleven tomorrow."

"Alright, thanks."

She walked out of the room. As soon as she was gone Bethany started talking to me again. "Think about what I said. It'd be best if you went back to where you came from. You're not that talented," she said then crawled under the covers and closed her eyes. Yeah, right! Like I'd believe her! If I wasn't talented I wouldn't have gotten on the show. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

~Avery's dream~

"You don't belong here!" Bethany told me. I started to feel unconfident and I looked down at the ground. Bethany laughed at me. Taylor Swift came up to us and saw how sad I was.

"What's up with you?" she asked me.

"I just told her she's not talented and she got all sad," Bethany replied laughing.

"Oh, well no offense Avery but it's true. By the way, when I said it was nice to meet you I was actually talking to Bethany." Taylor joined in with the laughing and I started to tear up.

I woke up from the horrible dream. Maybe it's true, maybe I'm not talented. Who knows, Taylor Swift really might have been talking to Bethany. All I feel right now though is like I'm falling apart. My whole life I've thought I was a good dancing but maybe the truth is that I'm not. I started to sob in my bed. Soon enough I got the covers soaked in tears. I glanced over at the clock on the nightstand. It's only two o'clock in the morning. I decided to fall back asleep. I closed my eyes and dozed off again.

In the morning I was really tired. It was ten fifteen already. Wait a minute... TEN FIFTEEN?!! I'M SUPPOSE TO BE AT THE SET BY ELEVEN!!

I raced out of bed and ran to get changed. I brushed my hair and teeth and opened the door, running to the elevator. By the time I reached the set it was ten fifty eight. I breathed a sigh of relief. I made it with two minutes to spare. Bethany and Carrie are standing by the crops with the rest of the cast. I walked over to them.

"Hey, when are we starting?" I asked.

"We can now if you want," Carrie replied.

"Sure, I'm ready."

"Alright, let's do this!" Carrie walked over to the director's chair and sat down. Everyone went on set and in their places; Bethany and I just standing there not knowing what to do at the moment. "In five, four, three, two!" Carrie shouted and the camera started to roll.

Everyone acted out their parts until it was our turn to go onto the set. We acted out our parts until it was time to do a dance number. The dance started perfectly but then I messed it up towards the end. I tripped and fell onto the ground causing the other dancers to fall with me.

"Great, you messed up the dance!" Bethany yelled at me for the first time in front of Carrie.

"Calm down, it's okay, Bethany. She just fell, it's not like she messed up the whole dance," Carrie told her.

"Well still, she's not talented at all! I can't believe she made it through! I've been trying to hold it in since we got here but it's just too hard!" She began to cry, fake cry I believe. "It should've been someone else! It's not fair!" She then stomped away.

When she disappeared Carrie said to me, "What's gotten into her lately?" She laughed. I had tears started to form in my eyes and I looked down at the floor. "Is something wrong?"

There was a pause and I looked up at Carrie. "I want to go home."