XXV: The Mistakes that Made Us

Title: The Mistakes that Made Us
Featuring: Jonah and Sabine
Author's Notes: Holy damn, I got two new followers yesterday and even though I've been gone for like months (hello how you been I've been pretty damn good thanks for asking) what is this. Anyway, figured I'd update. Enjoy!

Jonah wished he could go back in time.
He wished he could go back and slap his past self for being such a moron, because now his heart is paying the price.
Because the girl he loves hates him.
He knows why he did it, he knows he saw her temper and thought it funny and thought to pick her apart for his entertainment, but now he knows when she looks at him the words in her head are enemy enemy enemy.
She doesn't know he looks at her and his unspoken words are I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry.
She looks at him and feels hate, annoyance, disdain. He looks at her and sees beauty, intelligence, and pure ferocity that is as palpable as a needle in his heart and it hurts.
Because she is Sabine, fierce and tough and wonderfully and refreshingly tactless, and yet beautiful and and energetic and full of life; of light unlike any other.
But to her, he is Jonah, a name she spits like venom from the lips she can use to wound unlike any other weapon, he's mean and rude and arrogant and completely unworthy of her time or care.
She is Sabine and he is Jonah, and things just don't work that way.