Chapeter 18 - I bet my life

(Another Her - Sam) Now...

So this is where he lives, or where he used to live before to come in our pack. I have to say this place is beautiful. He's checking with Ryder if everything is okay. He's only wearing a short and gosh he's well built. I can help but check him out. My mate, a Leopard. He's highly skilled for fighting and seeing protected this land was... wow. He's so damn sexy.

"Mate..." My wolf sighs in my head. We're in the same state: upset that he got married to another woman but languishing for him. Missing him when he's not close.

I follow Enzo and Ryder inside the house. They are in Daniel's room and he's defending Hope again... When he comes out of Daniel's room, he doesn't look surprised to see me here.

"Where is your room?" I inquire.

He points to the door opposite to Daniel's room. Without waiting for him, I go in and smell it. I can smell only his scent. I walk in the dressing room to only find his clothes. So they didn't share the same room.

"What are you looking for, mate?" He asks me.

"You didn't share the same room?" I demand.

"With who?"

"Hope!" I retort with venom.

"We never did. why would we?"

"Because she was your wife!" I shout.

"We didn't get married because of love. We were never lovers! We did what we needed to do to protect what we built and what we have." He retorts.

"And the only solution was to get married to someone else than your mate!" I scoff.

"So this is why you spent the last 2months ignoring me! Do you know how is it difficult for me to keep my mouth shut about us? Seeing all those pups lusting at you! Still I did it because I respect you and because I know you don't like werecats when actually the only problem if my fake marriage!" He shouts back.

"How can you speak about respect when you didn't even wait for me. Not only you got married but you're also raising a kid with her. I don't care what you are but that I can't forget and forgive."

He sighs, defeated: " I spent the last 2 months afraid that if you speak to me it would be for rejecting me for what I'm. I'm sorry I hurt you Bella. That was not the objective but I did what I had to do."

"You said that like there was no other solution but marrying her was your choice. Hiding my nephew was your choice!"

"You're right, those were my choices and don't regret it because I know why I did it, why we did it."

"You're unbelievable!"

"And you're like your brother too stubborn to even try to listen and to understand. You're judging me without knowing me! Do you think that make you a better person than me! You're the one who doesn't want to give us a chance!" He exclaims. He leaves shutting the door violently.

A week has passed since our visit to Imladris and Enzo is totally ignoring me. He spent all his time with Daniel which is annoying Ryder. Right now, he's training alone. He's always waiting for Daniel's naps to go train. Well alone... There are a lot of she-wolves watching him, lusting at him. My wolf is so annoyed. They didn't even hide their interest in him! I've the decency to look from far.

Mom comes to sit by my side: "He's well built. Last time, I heard females fighting about who will have him first. Soon someone will try something with him." She states.
I clench my jaws to hold a growl. "Mine!" My wolf screams in my head, not helping at all.