Chapter 19 - Black Sun

(Him - Ryder) A month later...

I was thinking Sam was on my side... But she announced Enzo as her mate almost a month ago and less then a week after they were marked and mated. Now every time we're speaking about Hope she pushes me to understand... She also passed on the other side, as Daniel is getting close to her. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them but at the same time I'm feeling so jealous. She, too, told me that to get closer to him, I need to show respect to Hope in front of him at least.

"So you're on her side now!" I thunder.

"No, I'm not. I'm just trying to help you with your son. He's so amazing! I just want you to build a relationship with him. He arrived 3 months ago and still nothing has changed. You clearly need to change your strategy." She defends herself.

"Out! I don't want your advice now!" I yell at her in my Alpha's voice.

"Okay, Alpha. As you wish!" She booms before living.

I punch my desk. As if I need that now!

"Let's go for a run, please!" My wolf begs and I agree right away I need to relieve the stress. It has been almost 2 hours that I've been running and I'm moving toward the training ground. I can feel something is going on there. When I arrive I can see a crowd around one of the fight rings. Enzo is here teaching my warriors.

"Who the hell he thinks he is!" My wolf growls while I'm losing it.

"What do you think you are doing!" I snap. My voice is deeper as my wolf is very present.

"I'm just helping with the training. There is nothing bad." He exclaims.

"Nothing bad! You're not part of my pack. What tells me you're not doing that to spy on my pack!" I hiss.

"He's my mate Ryder. Don't you trust me? Do you think I will put our pack in danger." Sam says trying to calm me but it's not working.

"Since you mated him, I don't know if I can still trust you." I snap.

Enzo roars: " Don't you dare use that tone on her!"

"Everyone out! And the last one closes the door." Ethan orders, in a few seconds everyone is out. Only him, Sam and Enzo stay.

I look at Ethan and Sam, disappointed: " How could you let him do that!"

"He was just helping." Ethan explains.

"He's not part of the pack. He cannot know anything about our tactics. We don't know what his intentions really are." I fume. How can they be so naive!

"What if I want to be part of your pack? Will you have me?" Enzo requests.

"Over my dead body!" I bark.

Sam gasps: " What about me? He's my mate, I can't live without him!"

"He's the enemy. The one who plots against me with that bitch of Hope." I rant.

"I hate you!" A small voice says and I feel small punches on my leg. I growl and push Daniel on the floor. He runs away crying. Ethan goes after him.

While roaring, Enzo grabs my throat and throws me away. His eyes are changing, his Leopard ready to come out.

"Don't you dare hurt him ever again! Or I will kill you. I swore to his mother that I will keep him safe. So I will not hesitate if you make him cry again." He barks.

"His mother was a bitch! Sooner or later he will realize and I will be glad to see you outside of his life." I boom.

"Look man, I know right now you feel betray and angry but next time you disrespect Hope in front of me, I will kick you fucking Alpha's ass. Being upset doesn't give you a reason to treat your son like that. If you don't change, we will be leaving." He states calmly.