Chapter 27 - Breath me

(Him - Ryder) Now...

I woke up at 2:31 am and after that it was impossible to go back to sleep. She's a werecat, a tiger. But how? Then I think about the way she was behaving here, always restricting herself and afraid. She was actually afraid for her life. I can't believe I've never see that before. Everything is looking different with this new light. if only I knew... But someone should have known about her family. I still don't understand how it's possible. I can believe I drew her in her tiger form, I need to check but I'm sure it was her in my dream. My wolf and I imagine what it would like to run with her.

The first thing I do, when the morning finally comes, is to knock at Sam and Enzo's door. It's Sam who opens the door with her sleepy head. At least, they were not busy doing other things... But Sam, like dad, is not a morning person.

"What's wrong?" She asks, still half sleeping.

"I know what she is?" I declare looking at Enzo.

"What?" He mutters. It looks like he's not a morning person either...

"Hope! I know what she is! But how is it possible, all her family are wolves?"

"How did you find out?" Enzo frowns, getting up. Thank Goddess, he's not sleeping naked. He kisses my sister before going into the dressing room. A minute later, he comes back dressed.

"I remember when she rescued me. You were a total ass, by way!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Sam moving her hands, trying to catch our attention.

He scoffs: "You can talk! You're a fine one to talk to! You were mean to her!"

"I know, this is the third time you almost spoke about a few days ago. But I didn't know and at this time she didn't make sense. I was just so hurt and betrayed." I justify myself.

"Wait a minute! I don't follow what is she?" Sam asked annoyed to be kept apart.

"Wait, you don't know yet?" I ask her, surpised.

"I wanted to but let's be honest, I will've spill the beans to you in less then a minute.I can't keep secret from you when it's too big." She replies.

Absolutely right! For that she's the opposite of Avery.

"She's a werecat, a tiger shifter." I explain.

"Wow!" She mumbles with big eyes. Yep, big shock for me too, sis!

"But how? Was she switched at birth?" She asks.

Come on Sam, she was born at the pack hospital, she can't have been swift. Moreover her parents would I smelt the difference. But How it's possible is a good question...

"Daryia, her paternal grandmother was one too, wasn't she?" She asks Enzo.

"Yes she was." Enzo confirms.

"So Stan and Roman knew!" I state and Enzo nods in agreement.

"There is more about their family."

"Really? Show me!" Sam commands.

"Wait, I don't want to know yet, I don't want to hide anything from Ethan. So I want to speak with Roman first." I say.

"I'm going now!" I add if I say I will not be able to resist asking.

After breakfast, I summoned Roman to my office. Let me tell you it was the longest breakfast in my life.

"Alpha Ryder, you wanted to see me?" He says, once he closed my office's door.

I nod and indicate to him to have a seat.

"I know Hope was a tiger shifter. I know your mother was one too..." I start. I want to gauge his reactions. He's trying to stay composed and shakes his head to deny it.