You Can't Sleep

The day had been long and stressful, the only thing you have wanted to do all day was come home and go to sleep.

   When you got home Lizzie wasn't there, so you figured you would take a shower and get ready for bed hoping that when she got home her cuddles would calm you and you could fall asleep together.

    By the time you got out of the shower your girlfriend was just walking in the door of your shared bedroom. When she looked at you she could see that you were visibly exhausted, opening her arms for you to walk into them.

   Wrapping your arms around her you whispered "I'm so tired" she sighs and hugs you tighter then whispers "I know baby, let's go to bed." Nodding into her neck she walks you both to the bed where you lay down and get comfortable while she changes.

   When she gets in bed she pulls you into her and wraps her arms around you, kissing the top of your head she whispers a quiet "goodnight baby I love you." Sighing you nuzzle into her side and whisper a simple "goodnight" back.

                     *Time Skip*

It had been three hours since you and Lizzie went to bed and you haven't been able to fall asleep. Some how during that time Lizzie had managed to steal all of the blanket and turned her back to you.

   After tossing and turning for a while you decided to get out of bed and go downstairs, so Lizzie could sleep because she has had a long day. Getting out of bed quietly you make your way to the bedroom door when you hear a faint voice asking you where you are going.

    Turning around you look at her with a tired and sad expression, "I'm just going downstairs, go back to sleep." You say as you turn back to the door opening it and slipping out of the room.

   As you go downstairs you hear the bedroom door open and shut and foot steps behind you. Turning around you see Lizzie with a worried look on her face. "Come back to bed" she says as she reaches for your hand.

   You sigh as you let her drag you back up to the bedroom, deep in thought when she asks why you were going downstairs in the first place. You zone back in when she sits you on the edge of the bed and kneels down in front of you.

   You look at her as she runs her hand up and down you thigh in a comforting way, "I couldn't fall asleep for some reason and I didn't want to wake you so I was going to lay on the couch." You admit as she continues to comfort you.

  "Why didn't you just wake me, you know I would be more than happy to help you with anything no matter how tired I am my love" she states as she kisses one of your hands. Smiling down at your beautiful girlfriend you shrug your shoulders and lean down to kiss the top of her head.

   She stands back up and gets in the bed patting the space next to her, you reluctantly pull yourself up and slide in the space next to her. Laying down on your back she lays on her side and smiles at you and how adorable you look in your overly tired state.

   "Roll over" she says as she kisses the tip of your nose. Rolling over onto your stomach, you turn your head and look at her as she starts to trace small circles on your back. Sighing in content your eyes start to flutter shut and she places a gentle kiss on your cheek.

    "Sweet dreams baby, I'll be here if you need anything" Lizzie says as she continues to trace small patterns on your back while falling back asleep.