Local Bar

Y/N POV:

       Tonight's the night I thought to myself. I can't believe we booked a gig at the local bar downtown. After everything I've been through recently I think this show will do me some good. "Hey Y/N/N it's almost seven I think we should get going" my best friend B/F/N said.

"Yeah" I sighed as I grabbed my keyboard and placed it in its case. "You know I still can't believe that bitch cheated on you" I looked over my shoulder and rolled my eyes at him. "Seriously you should get over it she cheated on me not you, and if I have moved on you should to." But if I'm being honest, I am not really over it. I loved her but I guess she didn't really love me.

He just chuckled as I walked out of my room and down the stairs. "I haven't moved on because I hate the way she made you feel and I hate the way she broke up with you and blamed everything on you Y/N." "B/F/N look I get it she hurt you too but can we just put it past us tonight and have a good time, we finally booked a gig and I'd rather focus on that."

During our little chat we made it outside and to the car, he unlocked the car and threw me the keys as he jumped in the passenger seat. "Nice to know that I'm the one driving" I chuckled and shook my head as I got in the driver's seat. The drive to the bar was quiet and short and once we pulled up to the bar it's like everything was moving in slow motion.

I looked out the window and gulped, "Hey everything will be fine most of these people will be drunk so you don't have to worry about everyone judging us." Looking back over at him I smiled softly "yeah you're right I'm getting worked up over nothing, let's go in." With that we both got out and grabbed our stuff to head inside.

Once we got inside we headed for the stage to set everything up, While we were setting up the manager John came over and greeted us. After John gave us a briefing on the evening B/F/N and I went and got some drinks before our set. At the bar we both ordered a couple of shots and went over our set list for the evening before heading back up to the stage. When we got back up on the stage people slowly started to make their way over as we began to play our first song of the night.

Time skip :)
As we started to play our final song of the night I hear the door open and I look up, seeing this stunning green eyed woman walk in. She looked as if she had been crying which made me kind of sad even though I didn't know her, but I told myself that that was going to change as soon as this song was over. B/F/N and I started to play the intro to the final song and when I looked up she was staring dead at me from the middle of the crowd of sweaty drunk people. (Play the song at the top)

Downtown we let it go
Sunset high and our bodies low
Blood rush in the hazy glow
My hands, your bones
Looser we break the scene
One step deep as you fall to me
Heart clap, we skip a beat
Count one, two, three
While I was singing I looked at her and smirked

And don't you stop the music, get into it
Won't you dance with me?
Find a space and lose it, you can do it
Won't you dance with me?
Move your feet and feel it
In the space between
You gotta give yourself a moment
Let your body be
We gotta lose it
We gotta lose it

Lose it, lose it, lose it
We gotta lose it
Lose it, lose it, lose it
We gotta lose it

As we sang the chorus the whole crowd began to sway and B/F/N and I looked at each other and smiled knowing this song was a hit.

Your name I'll never know
As we get down in the world below
Caught up in an overflow
My hands, your bones

Wide eyed, you look at me
Set on fire in a silver dream
Spin 'round you can feel the breeze
Count one, two, three