tell her that i love her

his final wishes
———

"Don't worry mom, I won't get into trouble. Everything will be fine." Ollie reassured his mother.

"I know, but I just have this bad feeling..." Ollie's mother furrowed her eyebrows. "Just please be careful today. Ok?" She asked.

"Yes ma," Ollie said, opening the door to leave

"Love you, sweetie." His mom added.

"Love you too ma."

———

Ollie wakes up in the middle of the night in a coughing fit. The coughing starts off severely at first then slowly come to a stop.

Ollie sits up on his bed, trying to assess himself. He seems fine. Though he doesn't how he would've contracted a sickness.

He suddenly starts hacking violently. He covers his mouth out of habit, only to feel something liquidity on his hand.

Thick, viscous black goo stared at Ollie.

Ollie's eyes widen, he starts to panic, not knowing what to do.

Out of panic, he frantically runs to the trio's room and opens the door

"C-chip!" Ollie's yells, voice raspy from coughing. "Wake up please." He plead.

Chip jerks awake. "Wha-!?" He looks around assessing the room. He lays his eyes on very scared Ollie, now hands covered black goo.

"I-I don't know what's happening-" Ollie says, his voice shaking. He doubles down and starts coughing louder, getting black goo on the floor. He slowly sinks to the ground, coughing more harshly.

"Shit, son stay with me" As Chip says, now wide awake. "Jay, Gill wake up! It's an emergency!" Chip yells while trying to calm Ollie by holding his hand tightly and rubbing circles on his hand. "Everything will be ok kid, don't worry." He says with determination in his eyes.

After hearing Chip's voice yell, Jay and Gill immediately woke up, ready to face what lied ahead.

They both see Chip and Ollie on the floor. Ollie crying and coughing severely, Chip whispering sweet nothings to Ollie trying to calm him down.

Chip realizes that they're both awake, he turns his head to both of them. "Gill, Jay, help me out." He desperately says not knowing if the sickness could get worse.

"Oh my gods, Ollie!" Jay immediately runs over to Ollie and tries to heal Ollie, seeing if that would help. Her hands glow a faint green tone as she puts her hands on Ollie. "It's ok Ollie, everything will be fine. Just stay calm. You'll be ok."She reassures Ollie, who then calms down slightly.

The coughing slowly comes to a stop. The floor around Chip and Ollie is covered with black goo. Most of Ollie's clothes is covered with the same goo on the floor.

"This is mostly definitely Niklaus's doing." Gillion says looking at the same black goop from the other two islands. "He shall face the wrath of Gillion Tidestrider." His eyes blazing with anger.

Ollie starts coughing lightly again. Not as severe as before, but enough to still be concerning.

Gillion's eyes soften. "Here Ollie, maybe this shall help." He says as he casts a healing spell on Ollie.

"Am I going to die?" Ollie voice cracks, as he asks a very possible question that could happen, but the crew wasn't about to tell him that.

"No Ollie, of course not." Chip says firmly. "Besides, whose going help make Earl make juice?" He jokes around as comfort.

Ollie smiles a little, then starts crying softly. Black goo comes out instead of tears. "It's ok if you can't save me, I won't be mad." He looks at the trio all huddled near him. "I'll be sad that I didn't get much time, but at least I met you guys. And that's one of the best things that's happened to me." He smiles.

"Ollie stop saying stuff like that, you'll be fine!" Chip says with misty eyes. "You'll be fine, soon you'll be back to to our regular self. We could go back to prank the crew members together."
He says fondly. "We could go on adventures, explore-"

"Chip, just stop. I don't have that much time yet." Ollie softly interrupts him. "My final wish is that-" He coughs harshly, spewing black goo on the three. "-is that, you tell my mother, that I love her, because I won't be there to say it to her again."

The three looked determined to fulfill his wish.

"Don't worry Ollie. I, Gillion Tidestrider, shall do anything to fulfill this wish." Gill promises.

"Yeah kid, we got you, dead or alive." Jay promises while wiping tears off her face.

"I mean I got you too, but I don't want to lose you too son." Chip says voice cracking slightly. "But I don't know if I can handle another death..."

Ollie grips Chip's hand as tight as his weak body could and looks Chip in the eye. Watery brown eyes to fading dull green eyes. "Chip, you're one of the strongest people I know, if there's anyone to get through something, it's you. You two too," Ollie looks at Jay and Gill. ",You guys showed me so much of the world, even if it wasn't that long. And for that, thank you..."

"I will miss you all." Ollie whispers as his hand goes slack in Chip's hand.

Gillion checks Ollie's pulse. His eyes water a bit. "He's gone." Gill says softly.

Chip's eyes widen. "What?! Can't you heal him again Gill?" Chip says grabbing Gill by the shoulders.

"I'm afraid I cannot heal the deceased Chip."

"No... no... this can't be happening.. not again." Chip mumbles, tears running down his face rapidly. He crumbles back down to the floor where Ollie lays now peacefully and undisturbed .

Jay heads to the ground and goes to hug Chip. Gillion quickly does the same.

The three stay like this for a while, until dawn.
At the crack of dawn, they set sail to the island of Zero, to fulfill their youngest crew mate's final wish.