Betrayal || Spy Ollie AU

"Ollie...?" The one word uttered by Chip made Ollie's heart twist with guilt. He could feel his eyes tearing up fast. He looks up to see the trio staring at him in disbelief.

"I'm sorry." Ollie's voice cracks. "I didn't want to do this." He goes to wipe his tears, now flowing down his face rapidly.

"Then don't." Gillion raises his hand to Ollie. "You don't have to do this, we can find a different way."

Ollie reluctantly looks the triton in the eyes. Gill's eyes were only filled with concern. However, the triton didn't get it. Ollie couldn't do this differently. He made a deal! A stupid one too. The half-elf pushes Gillion's hand back. "Don't you see? I can't! This is the only way." He feels like the tears will never stop flowing. They just continue, just the never-ending guilt eating him away.

"Ollie whatever you've done, we're here to help you. We can get you out of this mess." Jay calmly says, taking small steps closer to Ollie.

"No! None of you guys understand! I did something stupid, now you have to pay for it." He shouts in a desperate attempt to get Jay to back up.

"Ollie, what are you talking about? I'm sure it can be fixed-" Chip questions before he's cut off by the boy.

Ollie goes to spit in his hand. The same black goo that's been haunting him daily. The viscous goop drips between his hands as he shows the three pirates. He watches as one by one, the crew's eyes widen in shock, concern, and possibly fear?

"I struck a deal..." He touches the crescent moon tattoo on his forearm, signaling the deal maker. "The deal... was to turn you guys in, in exchange for reuniting me with my mom."

"But we were trying to get you home anyways? Why would you make this deal if we were going to take you back to Zero?" Chip asks a very valid question.

"... Even if we did go back, she wouldn't be there. He would have hidden her." Ollie says bitterly.

Behind Ollie, a deep, smooth voice chuckles. "I would have done that. You're absolutely right my dear Oliver." Ollie shudders at the use of his full name. "So you've got everyone my dear?" The tiefling says, picking his nails.

"Y-yes sir, that's everyone." Ollie bows his head lightly.

"Niklaus Hendrix!!! We meet again! Release Ollie of his deal, I shall take his punishment." Gillion, so brave, but yet so stupid, challenges him.

The Wish Doctor raises an eyebrow. "Interesting... say, Gillion Tidestrider. You still owe me a favor. Say how about you stay a little longer so I could use that favor of yours." He twirls a finger at Gill. "But enough of that," The tiefling lifts up Ollie's chin, forcing him to look at the Wish Doctor's black eyes. "Let's see if dear Oliver followed instructions." Niklaus turns to face the rest of the crew and frowns. "Oliver, my dear. It seems you didn't follow your instructions."

"W-what do you mean? They're right there! All of them, just like you asked." Ollie gestures to the trio. "Please, I just want my mom back..." He says weakly. "I can't do this anymore, no more lying, no more pretending..." Ollie feels like he was going to break during all the pressure. Like he was going to snap, just like a brittle stick.

"Oliver." Niklaus says harshly. "We had a deal, and you failed your part."

"No! Wait!" Ollie cuts him off frantically. "What's missing? I'll do it, please." Ollie's tears have stopped flowing. The only thing that remains are the dried tear streaks on his face. "Just tell me what's left. I'll finish it, I'll finish the deal." Ollie could feel himself shaking, whether it's from fear or the thought of betraying the crew a second time.

"Sorry my dear, that was your last chance. But I suppose three out of four isn't so bad." Niklaus sighs.

"What about my mom?" Ollie says, now panicking. "Can I still see her?"

Niklaus tsks. "The deal is not fulfilled, I'm afraid."

Ollie could feel his heart drop to the floor. He's never felt so lost before. Stuck in a terrible deal that you can't get out of, it's suffocating, quite literally too. He could feel the viscous goop in his throat. That dreading black sludge that taunts him of his unfinished deal. His legs feel like they could give out any minute. He doesn't fight it anymore, so he falls to the ground, like any helpless person would do. That's what he was, helpless.

"Hey..." Chip's voice rings next to Ollie. Ollie glances at Chip, who's squatting down. "Don't worry, we'll help you. Whether you betrayed us or not, us crew need to stick together! We'll get you out of this mess! And you can sure bet that I'll risk my life if it means you're happy!" Ollie glances around to see Jay and Gill also next to him.

"I would, too, risk my life for you." Gillion vows, pulling out his sword.

"Fuck yeah kiddo, we've got your back." Jay grins, grabbing her bow.

Ollie couldn't believe the words said from the crew. He betrayed them! And they're vowing to help him? He didn't deserve this, they trusted him and he broke it. So many memories were made, so many moments, all crashed to the floor, yet the crew brings those moments back in a flash. How do they do it? He guesses that they really are the worst at being pirates, but in a way, the best.

Ollie throws his arms around Chip, who's the closest to him. "I'm sorry." He sobs. "I don't deserve this... you should just forget about me." He mutters.

"You're right, you don't deserve this. You deserve better. Nobody should make desperate attempts or deals to get their mother back, and for that, I'm sorry Ollie." Chip hugs Ollie tighter. "I'm sorry that I didn't notice sooner."

"Well, well, that was very lovely, but I need the boy back." Niklaus interrupts. "He still needs to finish his deal." Niklaus says in his hateful, yet smooth voice.

"I'm sorry Niklaus Hendrix, I cannot let you use Ollie any longer." Gillion steps in front of them, sword drawn.

Niklaus sighs, his patience seeming to run thin. "Let's make the boy choose. Tell me dear, do you prefer a chance of getting your mother back? Or would you rather have zero chances of getting her back?"

The word 'zero' kept running through his head. He would never hear her laughs again, her bouncy brown hair, or the smell of her freshly baked bread. But, then again, he would never hear the banters of Jay and Chip again, Gill talking about the undersea so passionately, or star gazing with the crew.

It genuinely was a tough decision. The half-elf hesitates. "I'm staying here..." He utters out.

Niklaus's black eyes harden. "Very well then, I hope you won't mind me attacking you then."

After Niklaus said that, Ollie felt as if a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders. His mother still wasn't here, but now he has people to help him get through it. He doesn't feel alone anymore. He's not alone! He's got the crew, his family!

And together, they all charge towards the Wish Doctor, ready to die for a cause.

A pretty damn good one too.