train your eyes (in his eyes 3)

Ollie wakes up to muffled voices in the morning. It sounds like Chip and Jay arguing. He walks into the room where Chip and Jay is it.

"No, Jay! I can't let you go!" Chip yells angrily. "I pulled you out, and now you want to go back in? Get killed by another relative? You could have died fighting that guy!" He points out.

"Chip! It's my mother! I have to say goodbye!" Jay screams back, waving a piece of paper.

"I know, but it's risky for you to come back."Chip says with concern. "What if, I can't help you this time?" His voice quiets down. "Then what will happen? You'll get publicly executed? Yeah, real fun." He says bitterly.

Jay sighs and pinches her nose. "You know that I need to go Chip, why fight it? It's useless." Jay leans on Chip's shoulder. "Besides, I got this." She elbows Chip. "I'll be careful. Ok?" She says softly.

"Fine." Chip mutters out. Jay lets out a breath of relief.

"But I'm coming too." Chip declares. "I'm captain, so I say so."

Ollie hears Jay mumble something. Then Jay looks to the left to see Ollie. "How much did you hear?" Jay says not skipping a beat after seeing Ollie.

"A lot." Ollie confesses, looking down at the ground.

"Good, now help me convince the bastard to let me go." She says half-jokingly.

"Hey, hey, hey, I said you can go." Chip raises his hands in surrender. "I'm just tagging along."

"Yeah, but what about him?" Jay gestures to Ollie. "He can't be left by himself while you go on some 'field trip' with me. And we can't take him either, it too risky. Hell, it's still too risky with just you coming along Chip."

Chip sighs and pinches his nose. "Fine, we'll take you there, but I refuse to leave unless you're on that boat with us."

"Well I guess that's the best I'm getting." She shrugs as Chip walks out the room

Chip pokes his head back into the room. "In two weeks though, don't think I haven't forgotten about your injuries~"

———

The next day Chip went up dock where Ollie usually hangs out, with a sack of something in it. Chip drops the sack right in front of Ollie's face, making a loud clank sound. "Pick one, or two, or however many you want." He waves off.

Ollie peeks inside the sack to see many weapons. He sees swords, long and short. There's also long-ranged items too, along with some ammo for it.

He goes and grabs the dual short-swords from the sack. "Can I try these?" He holds them out to show Chip.

Chip's grins widely. "Yes! Jay, you owe me 5 gold! And also, of course you can." He adds. "We can start now if you want."

"I would love too!" Ollie says eyes sparkling with excitement.

——

"So first you gotta take a good fighting stance." Chip says as he demonstrates what a good stance looks like. "Now, you try." He encourages.

Ollie tries his best to copy Chip's stance, but something seemed off. He looks at Chip asking for some kind of assessment.

Chip looks down. "Ah, move your left foot closer to you," Ollie moved his left foot, making the stance feel less uncomfortable. "Yeah, like that, make sure your feet matches your shoulders." Chip advises. "There we go, that's better." He praises. "Now show me how you hold your swords."