awakened (in his eyes 6)

It's been three weeks since Ollie's death, and Jay and Gill were betting when Chip was going to die.

Right now, Chip was on a mission to avenge his crew mates. He was heading toward the person who caused all of this, Niklaus Hendrix.

—/—

"The bastard is going to die for sure. Whether it be Niklaus, or himself. He's going to pass out any time at this point." Jay looks disapprovingly at the restless Chip.

"Nonsense Jay! I believe Chip can beat Niklaus!" Gill says, as he watches Chip jolt awake from dozing off. "After he takes a rest..." He adds.

"What about you Ollie? Do you think he'll live?" Jay floats over to him.

"I mean... I would want him to live, but the way you describe Niklaus makes me...uncertain." Ollie fidgets with his shirt. "Is it just me? Or do you guys feel like you're missing something? Like you can't rest until you do that thing."

"Actually yeah, I do feel that way. Wonder why that is?" Jay ponders.

"Maybe, it's the thirst for blood." Ollie waves his fingers jokingly.

Gill frowns. "But I do not require blood, nor am I thirsty." Gill goes silent for a couple seconds. "Oh, you were joking weren't you?" Ollie nods.

The crew continues talking until they hear a sudden thud hit the floor. They turn around to see Chip on the floor. Ollie turns around to look at Jay and Gill, who both look very Chip concerned for their dear friend.

"Gill, can you do that thing where you go into people's dreams?" Jay asks, checking if Chip was still alive, which luckily he was.

"I don't know what I did last time, it just kind of happened." Gill frowns.

"Well I guess it doesn't hurt to try." Jay shrugs.

-/-

It took multiple attempts to go into a dream, but finally someone got in. That someone was Ollie.

"Chip!" Ollie shouts. "Chip! Hello? It's Ollie! I wanna talk!"

"Ollie...? Is that really you..?" Chip's voice rings in his ears.

"I mean, technically yes and no. I am still dead,  but it's me mentally."

Chip began to tear up. "Ollie, I'm really fucking sorry. You didn't deserve this, you didn't deserve to get shot at, you didn't deserve to die alone, scared." He sobs.

"Chip, calm down." Ollie goes to grab his shoulders. "None of this is your fault. Jay, Gill, and I, all forgive you. You've done nothing wrong."

"Jay... and Gill...?" Chip whispers.

"Yeah, they're there with me too. They just couldn't make it here."

"So, you're not alone?"

"No Chip, I'm not alone, I'm fine now." Ollie reassures him. "However, I know you're searching for Niklaus."

Chip's eyes widen at the name. "How do you-"

"You know a lot when you're dead." He waves off the comment. "We're concerned about you. We want you to live your life the fullest, not search for some guy who's going to probably kill you as well."

"But he killed them! Please Ollie, let me do this. I have nothing left, the least I want to do is avenge all the people I've lost." He says in a hysterical tone. "Please... just let me do one last thing for you..."

Ollie inhales sharply. "Just know that the crew wishes you to live a full life. However... If you do avenge us, please take care of yourself. You can't avenge someone when you're half asleep." Ollie jokes. He smiles faintly at Chip and fades out of the dream.