College Dreams - D.C.

Requested by: outsiderswhore

Name: Ashley/Ash (22)

Love Interest: Darry

Relation: None

Today was the day I was leaving for college. I didn't want to go, I wanted to stay here in Tulsa with my boyfriend Darry. But no, my mother wants me to go to college. 

I walked over to Darry's house to say goodbye. 

"Hi, Darry," I said when he opened the door. 

"Hey, baby." He said. We were both sad. Darry would've gone to college too, but he needs to say with his brothers. "Come in." He said. 

"I wish I could Darry, but I can't. I just came to quickly say goodbye and then I have to go. I don't want to miss the bus." I explained, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"Oh." That was all he said. 

I went and gave him a hug. The last hug for a while. 

"I'll wait for you. I promise Ashley." Darry said. 

"Okay. I'll wait for you too." I said. He leaned down and kissed my lips softly. "I love you." He whispered against my lips.

"I love you too," I said and kissed his lips one more time. "I have to go now. I'll call you when I get there." 

Darry nodded his head and watched me walk down the street to the bus stop, before going back inside. 

~ 4 years later ~

It's been four years since I've last seen Darry. I called him when I could, and when I came home for Christmas, my mom wanted me to stay with her. 

I was finally done school now and I was on the bus back to Tulsa. 

The bus finally came to a stop and I got off. As I walked down the streets, memories flooded through my head. I had missed this place. 

I was on my way to Darry's house, hopefully, he still lived in the same place. I didn't tell him I was coming back, I wanted to surprise him.

I had finally made it onto the right street. I walked over to his and I knew for sure he still lived here. His old Ford truck was still in the driveway and I could hear the laughter coming from inside the house.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer it. 

"Ashley?!"

"Darry!" I screamed with excitement and jumped into his arms. 

"Oh baby, I missed you so much!" He said putting me down.

"I missed you too," I said and kissed him. 

"How come you didn't tell me you were coming?" He asked.

"I wanted to surprise you," I said. 

"Well, I sure am surprised." He said. "You're staying for dinner."

"Oh, I told my mom I'd-" He cut me off. "It wasn't a question."

"Fine, I'll stay," I said. 

A/N

Sorry it took me so long to get to you, I hope you enjoyed it!
Stay Gold my Dead Livers!