Dancing Shoes - S.R.

Requested by: dancer73333

Name: Emilee (27)

Love Interest: Steve

Relation: None

Emilee's P.O.V.

As I chopped carrots to put in the salad for dinner, the front door closed. 

"I'm back!" My daughter, Kenny, yelled. 

She came into the kitchen and gave me a Steve each a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"What'd you do today, Kenny?" I asked. 

She sat down at the kitchen table. "I went to the mall with a couple of friends." She said.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Yeah." 

I finished making the salad and put it on the table. I took the chicken out of the oven and put it on the table, along with a bowl of mashed potatoes. 

Me and Steve sat down and we all began eating.

"How was work, Steve?" I asked. 

"Ehh, same old, same old. There was this one car, I had to fix the bumper on. It was a Mustang. Man, that was a tuff car." 

"Yeah, Mustangs are tuff." I agreed. 

We all continued eating and talked about our days. After dinner, Kenny was helping me with the dishes. 

"Hey, what's that?" I asked, pointing to her wrist. I saw some dark lines poking out of the end of her sleeve.

"Oh, it's nothing." She said and pulled her sleeve down. 

"No, no, I saw something." I insisted. 

Kenny's P.O.V.

And I was caught.

I wasn't actually at the mall with my friends. I convinced my uncle Dally to take me to a tattoo shop. 

My mom and my grandma both loved to dance when they were my age, and so do I. 

I wanted to get a tattoo ever since I was twelve and I didn't want to get something stupid. I didn't know how my parents felt tattoos, but my dad does have one on his bicep. It's an eagle. I don't know what it means if it had a meaning at all. 

So for my tattoo, I decided on pointe shoes. It was a simple drawing, not much detail. It wasn't that big and it looked like they were tied at the top.

My mom grabbed my sleeve pulled it up. 

"What's this?" She asked.

"I, uhh, drew on myself with a pen," I said.

"Yeah sure, that's too good to be drawn with pen." She said.

I didn't know what to say.

"It's nice." She said.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Well, I assume it has meaning. You do dance after all."

I sighed in relief.

"Just, next time, don't lie to about where you went and please tell me what you're gonna do." 

I nodded my head. "So, you're not gonna ask how I got it?" I asked.

"No, I already know that Dally helped you." 

"He told you?" I asked.

"No, just a hunch." She said and we both laughed.

A/N

I'm sorry I took so long to do this, I've been very busy lately. I know that's not a good excuse, but I've been doing a lot of things regarding my confirmation. I was supposed to do it last year, but it got postponed. I hope you like this and I'm sorry that it's really short.
About the updates on my other book, once again, I've been very busy and I'll try to update soon.
Stay Gold my Dead Livers!