This Is Personal Now

We pick up right where we left off. A little before, actually. The Warblers have found and infiltrated Blaine's old home on the surface, and Puck and Santana are there. Oh, and since these are apocalypse times, everyone's in a hazmat suit. I know, an interesting scene.

Jesse: Perhaps I wasn't clear. Surrender to us within the next 24 hours, or else Brittany gets it.

For a moment, there's silence. You can see the concern in Santana's expression.

Puck: Tana, if you need a moment, take a moment. I can handle this creep on my own.

Santana: Thanks, Puck, but I got this. To Jesse: I... don't know. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, honestly. But you will hear from me in 24 hours.

Jesse: Good to hear. Brittany's a decent girl, it'd be a shame to kill her. We're staying at Carmel High, by the way. Boys, our work here is done. Let's go.

Santana: But what about the gel?

Jesse: This isn't about hair gel anymore, Santana. We got the gel we needed at the Battle of the Gel, but you New Directions made it personal once you took Sebastian from us.

Puck: Excuse me? You guys are the ones who killed Finn. And Sebastian wouldn't be dead if he wasn't so obsessed with Blaine to the point that he challenged Kurt to a duel so he could get rid of his competition or something.

Jesse: Details, details. What I'm trying to say is, this is personal now. Warblers? Let's go.

As soon as the Warblers leave, Santana can't hold it in anymore and starts breaking down.

Santana, between sobs: I can't believe this. Either I die, or I lose Brittany. What kind of choice is that?

Puck: It's alright, Santana, let it out. Well, it's not alright. This is a really scary situation for you, I get that. If I was in a situation where my only options were to die at the hands of my greatest enemy or live on without Quinn, I'd probably be having a breakdown too.

Santana: Not helping, Puckerman.

Puck: Sorry. But we will find a way out of this. We always do. I'll call Blaine, update him on the situation. He'll figure something out, he's good at that.

Santana: Only if there's cronuts involved. But give it a shot anyway.

Cut. The next scene opens in the New Directions' bunker. Blaine is on the phone with Puck.

Blaine: Wait, for real? Pause. Oh, wow. Long pause. Yeah, I would too. Give her a hug for me, would you? Pause. Okay, thanks bro. See you in a bit. Bye.

Kurt: "Bro?"

Blaine: I was talking to Puck. I dunno, I thought I'd call him "bro." I'm never calling anyone "bro" again, though. It feels so wrong. To the other New Directions: I just got off with Puck. Our suspicions were correct: the Warblers are using Brittany to get Santana to surrender her life to them.

Tina: She's not gonna do it, is she?

Quinn: It's either that or lose Brittany.

Rachel: I can say from experience that losing a partner is worse than death. It's good to have you back, Finn.

Finn: It's good to be back. I missed you, Rach.

Blaine: Anyway! I think we should go up to the surface and fight the Warblers. According to Puck, their current base is Carmel High.

Mercedes: For once in my life, I say going to the surface isn't a bad idea.

Quinn: Rachel and I can stay behind with Finlee.

Finn: Thanks for all you've done for Rachel, Q, but you can go fight with the others. I'll stay with Rachel. We have a lot of catching up to do. Plus, I want to spend more time with my baby.

Quinn: That's perfectly fine. I'm still getting used to you being back.

Finn: I understand that.

Blaine: So basically, everyone except Finn and Rachel is going to the surface. We don't have to worry about the gel anymore, because the Warblers aren't after it. We meet Puck and Santana at my place, then we go to Carmel High and give those Warblers one heck of a fight. They aren't taking Brittany or Santana from us today. So c'mon guys, let's get ready.

They leave to get changed. Now it's just Finn and Rachel, with their baby.

Finn: How come the Warblers are at Carmel High? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be at Dalton Academy?

Rachel: I guess, but Jesse took over as leader once Sebastian died-

Finn: Sebastian died?!?

Rachel: Yep. Kurt killed him in a duel. Seb was under the impression that if Kurt was dead, then he'd have a better chance of getting with Blaine.

Finn: Oh. Wow. Sebastian was messed up.

Rachel: Very. Y'know, Kurt still blames himself for your death. I guess that's part of why he killed Sebastian. To avenge you.

Finn: He-he blames himself?

Rachel: Yeah, because Seb was trying to kill him, but you got in the way.

Finn: How was that his fault? He didn't do anything to get Sebastian to try to kill him. Seb is just crazy.

The other New Directions re-enter.

Rachel: Go kick butt, you guys! We have faith in you.

Finn: Before you leave, can I borrow Kurt for a sec?

Kurt: Sure. He goes over to Finn. What's up?

Finn: Kurt, Rachel told me that you blame yourself for my death.

Kurt: Well, I don't blame myself, per se, but I guess I have what you'd call survivor's guilt. I can't shake the feeling that it was me who should have died at the Battle of the Gel, not you.

Finn: Kurt, nobody should die. And you don't have to feel guilty. You're my brother, Kurt. I would sacrifice myself for you a thousand more times if I was given the chance.

Kurt, starting to get emotional: I love you so much, Finn.

Finn: I love you too, bro. Bring it in.

They hug.

Finn: Now go make me proud up there, will you?

Kurt: You know it.

End of episode. Roll credits.