Miracle Recovery

Mercedes is in the hospital, and Sam is standing next to her hospital bed. It's clear he's worried about her.

Sam: Are you doing okay?

Mercedes: I'm as good as I can be. I don't know if I'm gonna make it, though.

Sam: Don't talk like that, babe. You'll be fine. You have to. I can't imagine a life without you in it.

Mercedes: Sam, I want you to know something. No matter what happens, you'll be fine. You're a tough guy, Sam, you'll manage.

Sam: But I don't want to have to manage.

Mercedes: I'm not saying I'm definitely gonna die, but you should be prepared for that contingency. I sustained a serious wound, so it's likely. And I'm probably not gonna pull a Finn. But know this, Sam: I will always be with you. I don't know what our future will hold, but even if I can't be physically with you, I'll always be there in spirit.

Sam: I love you, Mercedes.

Mercedes: I love you too.

Cut. In the next scene we see the other New Directions, who are in quarantine.

Quinn: Have you heard anything from Sam?

Blaine: Yeah. Apparently, the doctors don't know if she's gonna live or not. I really hope she's okay.

Tina: So do I. The New Directions just wouldn't be the same without her.

Kurt: Agreed. Mercedes was one of my first friends in school, too. If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't have joined the Glee Club. Losing her would be... I can't even find the words.

Mike: Thank God you found her when you did, Puck. Otherwise, we might be having a different conversation.

Puck: Yeah, I know. I can't imagine Mercedes not being here. I'm not the most religious person, but I'm still praying for her.

Cut. Days later, Sam is in the hospital waiting room, anxious to hear news about Mercedes.

Doctor: Samuel Evans?

Sam gets up.

Sam: Is Mercedes okay? I've barely been sleeping, I'm so worried about her.

Doctor: You don't need to worry any more, Mr. Evans. Ms. Jones is going to live.

Sam: Are you serious? Are you sure there's nothing else you can d- oh, wait, you said she's gonna live. She's gonna live!

Doctor: I'm just as surprised as you are. Her wound was severe, not to mention infected. Ms. Jones' recovery was nothing short of a miracle.

Sam: Oh my God, it's like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. When can we go back home?

Doctor: The end of the week.

Sam: Okay. Thank you so much. This is the best news I've ever received.

Cut back to the New Directions who are quarantined. They're all sitting around, waiting to hear about Mercedes, when Blaine's phone goes off.

Kurt: Is it Sam?

Blaine: Yep.

Brittany: Oh my gosh, what did he say? Is Mercedes okay?

Blaine: She is!!

A collective sigh of relief.

Blaine: He says that her recovery was a miracle, and that he'll be coming back with her at the end of the week.

Santana: Has anyone told Rachel and Finn?

Kurt: I'll text them right now and let them know. I... I don't know what to say. I don't think words can express the gratitude I feel right now. Mercedes is okay.

End of episode. Roll credits.