Seven

My heart sunk when I heard the horrible news. Everyone expected me to happy about the news but I was broken. The only person who I knew was up to this was Rick. He had been plotting about it since day one. I walked up to him slapping him right across the face. It felt amazing to slap him. I should do that more often. The school quickly filled with multiple *GASPS* . I guessing everyone thought we were a couple. I walked away back to my locker reapplying mascara and lip gloss and looking into my mini mirror. Of course as always Varsity boys closed my locker on me. Ayyyy what was that for? "Sorry Ronnie!" Scooter come on man! I opened up my locker once again. This time I grabbed my backpack and lunchpail. Scooter!! "Yes Ronnie?" You left your lunch at home so I brought it for you! "Awww thank you Ronnie it means a lot!" Your welcome! I've gotta go to Math see you after! How the hell did I get a hundred on my test? I'm horrible at math! I mean I'm horrible at math it's like I was failing. A one zero zero how was that possible! I walked out of math class so confused. How could I get a good grade I usually get an eighty but never one hundred. It was like that the rest of the day. I kept getting One hundreds and to top it off I wasn't even my handwriting! When I looked closer at it each minute it looked like Scooter's handwriting with his little heart on top of his "I's". It's freaking cute! Why would he do that? I would have a least gotten a 80 or 85. Then again he does like to do small surprise favors for me. After the bell rang I ran to Scooter. Hey! "Yes?" Why did you do my math homework I would have gotten a 85 on it! "What are you talking about?" This one my paper it's a one hundred! "Sorry to say but it's no my hand writing." Then who's is it? " Ricky boy." Ugh no I'm leaving. I walked upstairs to my text class,art. Thank goodness the teacher was always drunk and passed out. That left me time to go to the other stairs. Where they'd make out, do drugs and other things. Rick was always there with the varsity team. Even Scooter and Banks were there. I walked up to them sitting on Scooter left leg extending my legs out. "What are you doing here?" Ehh we're watching the same movie again in Art. "Oh I love that movie!" What are you guys doing here? "Same old same old." "Veronica I really like you outfit it looks nice." Why thank you Banksie. Then it got quiet between the group. Scooter very quietly whispered in my ear "I dare you to go sit on Rick's lap and kiss him!" I looked back at him with smirk. I mean I never back down from a dare. I got up adjusting my skirt where it didn't show my ass.

 I got up adjusting my skirt where it didn't show my ass

I then moved my bag next to Rick and sat on his lap. I gave him a light kiss on the cheek. He was just there wide eyed trying to process what happened. Then there was Coen and Scooter trying to keep their laughs in. I got up once the bell rang. I waited for everyone since we had the next class together. Science great and I was going to fail this test. Good thing I sat in a group with Rick, Scooter, and Jessica. I may or may not have cheated off of them. If I failed this class I would fail everything. The teacher never caught us and it's safe to say that I passed with a 95%!!
                  I left that class with a smile on my face. I was so excited that I didn't fail. I nearly forgot that I slapped Rick earlier that day. He even still had the imprint of my hand on his face. I could never stay mad at him for forever he was to cute to be mad at.  I mean he has helped me a lot and so it wasn't right for me to stay mad. I went to my locker after science. I opened it still looking at Rick. I huge Bouquet of flowers were sitting on top of textbooks with a not and Small bear. My smile fell and I slammed my locker not want to look back. Im guessing that Scooter got a quick glance. He pulled me into a tight hug brushing his hand through my hair to try and calm me down. I was really hoping that I would have a normal school year. What was left in my locker was a note. In that note it read, Veronica you should have taken all those pills! Why did everyone always have to come for me? It's my fault, I ruined my life with all those drugs and alcohol. I fucked up everything. I grabbed my note cards and my pen. Every time I needed to write in my diary I wrote in note cards. That's how I solve most of my problems. Rick has been very quiet for a while now. I just wanted to hug him and that's what I did. I left Scooter's arms and went into Rick's arms. I still had that note card in my hands. Tomorrow would be the day when the ducks lost their scholarships. I felt so bad. I knew Adam would still go here no matter what. The rest they would have to leave and poor Julie and Ken would have to go back home. Poor Scooter he would miss Julie.  I could tell they had thing, EVERYONE could tell. Finally the end of day! No hockey practice thank goodness!! My first year at Eden hall was going by so fast. I can't wait for the dance at the end of the year after the showdown. One more game until we would be state champs and until the showdown. Oooo Victory is ours! Veronica? Huh? Yeah. Let's go for a car ride! Uh ok yeah let's go!
                 We got into his car and went for a quick ride to the cliff edge. You could see everything and the sunset was spectacular. So what's on your mind? This is on my mind. He leaned in to kiss me. I did the same. He kissed me long and passionately. Less than an inch away from me was Rick Riley. I couldn't believe it he kissed me and it felt more than just a casual hook up. It felt like we were together. More than friends more than Rick Riley and Veronica Holland. It was more. I couldn't believe it Rick Riley was kissing me. We finally pulled away. I should have asked you this awhile ago but would you like to be official? Like you, me together? Yeah exactly! Then of course I would love to be with you! I'm really sorry for slapping you. Don't be I deserved it I was being a dick. So are you gonna go to the dance? Ehhh I'm don't really a dance person but yeah I'll see. Are you gonna go? Maybe just depends. Let's go back just because there probably wondering where we're at and it's almost dark. Fine but anything for you. Thank you and we only have a half day tomorrow! Yup let's see what those duckies will do. Especially Banksie. He said his parents are gonna pay for it if he is unable to attend. So Banksie already has a plan. Smart. So how do we tell them? They can find out themselves, darling. The drive back was silent as always. I held his hand long and tight. He walked me back to my dorm even though we're right across from each other. We walked into Scooter checking himself out. He jumped when he saw us. Relax Scooter it's not like I've never seen a boy in Underwear. His eyes widened. Your my brother and we live with to others. You can have the dorm to yourself I clearly don't want anything to do with this. I closed the door right as he was going to speak. Rick had his smile glued on as a smile made its way to my face. Rick unlocked his room and went to the bathroom to change. I quick grabbed his sweats and AC/DC shirt. I loved wearing his shirt. It was almost big enough to be a dress considering my height. I laid on his bed and fell asleep. He always took thirty minutes to get ready for bed.

•Morning•
I woke and I was sleeping on the floor. How did I end up in the floor? Rick was no where in sight. I got up gathered my clothes and walked to my dorm. I opened the door. Scooter was there drool falling out of his mouth. I grabbed his pillow and smacked his head. " Ayyy what was that for?" Wake up and dress nice, dean told us to. "So I wear the suit we use for before hockey games?" Yes that's exactly what I mean. Hurry or we'll be late! I grabbed a light blue silk dress.

 Hurry or we'll be late! I grabbed a light blue silk dress

One of my favorite formal dresses. Wasn't to fancy just as a casual picnic dress. I paired it with clear strapped heels. It was such a cute dress! Scooter was taking his sweet time trying not to wrinkle his shirt, so I left him. I walked to first period, History where Rick was. Hey Rick why'd you leave? I had to care of something. Oh ok. Scooter is still getting ready. Let me guess he's trying not to wrinkle his shirt? Yeah he is perfectionist. He's gonna be late if he doesn't hurry up. Actually he's on time for once. Here he comes! "Veronica, you forgot your ring, necklace, and your mascara." Awwww thank you for bringing me these I thought I had them on me. ATTENTION STUDENTS OF VARSITY HOCKEY AND JV HOCKEY PLEASE GO TO THE BOARD MEETING AFTER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!  Rick? I'm not sure what going on but we better go. Scooter, Rick and, I stood up and walked to the meeting room. This was very weird the meeting was supposed to happen after fourth  period. "Great to know that you three made it. Now please step to the left behind Mr. Tom Riley." We all made our way to the left. Then the ducks cane and stood to the right near Dean Buckley.  Turns out the meeting would be held earlier and the rest of the week Varsity had state testing. Then people started coming and so do the board then it started.

"Do I have a motion for reconsideration?
I'm sorry, Coach, but unless there is a motion from a board member...and a second,the decision must stand.Told you not to worry. "
"You leave us no choice, but to bring in our attorney."
Dean Buckley, members of the board.
"As counsel for Coach Orion...and the freshman hockey team,I'm here today to set forth your legal options, so that you may make the best possible. decision for all parties concerned."

"Mr. Bombay, this isn't a legal proceeding."

"Not yet, but I can assure you that it will be.Do you mind ?These scholarships--an offer--became a binding contract upon the signatures of the recipients...and acceptance by the Ducks.They cannot be voided except for cause which, I guarantee you, you have none.Should you decide to pursue their cancellation,I will slap you with an injunction.I will tie this matter up in court for years,until long after these kids have gone on to college.And I will collect damages.I will win.Because I am very, very good.You know why I'm so good? Because I had a good education.You gave it to me.And you're gonna give it to these kids.Now some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that...these Ducks don't belong at Eden Hall.Let me tell you, you are dead wrong.These are remarkable young people.You give them their full shot, and I promise you they will succeed. Not only on the ice,but in the classrooms as well.These people are my friends,and I know what they can do.Accordingly, I demand that you reinstate their scholarships,for their benefit and for your own."

"I move that the scholarships...be reinstated.Is there a second ?All in favor ?We have no choice. Scholarships reinstated."

The ducks were staying at Eden hall.......

After Friday I would technically be done with school. The varsity hockey team would be done with school and other sports. Holy shit I would be done with school.........