Eight

•Hockey showdown•

The day finally came. I thankfully passed all of the test with a 90%. I was nervous but hyped up. Adam rejoined the ducks. He belongs there he needs theme like they need him. Before that we were named Minnesota states champs for 1996! That's fucking amazing!

"Fasten your seat belts and hold onto your hats, everyone.Oh, do we have a special showdown for you. David versus Goliath in a titanic grudge match.The winner can truly say
that he is the symbol of Eden Hall.Tonight the Eden Hall varsity Warriors do battle with the Eden Hall
freshman Ducks.That's right, folks,
look at those uniforms.The sign of the Duck is here
at Eden Hall for at least one night. It appears they're paying homage to their departed friend and mentor, Hans.
The touching of the ice is a Norwegian symbol of respect."

"They don't belong on our ice.They don't belong in our school.Now show 'em why. Let's go, people !"

[CROWD THEN JOINS IN]Quack, quack, quack...

(CROWD CONTINUES QUACKING)

(QUACKING CONTINUES)
"The Ducks, Tom. Quack, quack."

"All right! Bring it on!"

"You're gonna wish like hell
you stuck with us."

"Save the trash talk."

Okay, boys, let's go. Sticks on the ice.

" The puck is dropped, and here we go. Ooh, Varsity comes out hard.Ooh! Big save by Julie the Cat!"At this rate, it's gonna take a miracle for the Ducks to hang on. Goldberg, spectacular toe save, as the Ducks are playing real defense.

- JULIE: Get off me!
"Why'd you come back?"
" Unfinished business."
"We'll finish it for you."

JOSH:
"Warriors are swarming.

Gaffney comes up big again!
Conway gets the rebound...  and ices the puck.I don't know how much longer these Ducks can hang on.Way to hang tough.These guys keep charging.What are we gonna do here?It's Goldberg,Germaine and Averman.Everyone's getting into the act now. They're clearing out the garbage in front of the net.Good get! They aren't gonna allow any cheap goals tonight.First shot on the varsity goalie.
Save! Ah, he came up big."

Way to go Scooter!!!!
"Thanks Ronnie!!"

" Ooh, close one."

"Well, if you can't beat 'em, beat 'em.That seems to be Wilson's message because the varsity is really nailing the Ducks now.It's a game of hitting,game of hitting. Come on."

I was skating to the bench then. POW Cole checked Averman into the boards. Coach was giving Rick such a hard time. That's the price you for being captain and state champs.

"Whoa, Les Averman just got levelled.
He must be seeing stars."

•Time Skip to a week later•

We lost but it's ok they played hard and deserved it. We are now the Eden hall Mighty Ducks. How cool is that! The only thing left to do is the dance. I really want to go the dance. Scooter is going with Julie. Everyone has date except me. I was gonna go with Rick but his dad and Coach have been giving him a hard time. I had the perfect idea of asking him in a cute way! I just needed to go the store quickly. I was so excited. Looks like we had the same thing in mind. I ran into someone's cart. Hey what was that for!! Rick?!? Oh Veronica that's some interesting things un your cart. Back at you Rick. I've been meaning to ask you. Wanna go to the dance? I was gonna ask with a poster but yeah sure! I was gonna do the same! Let's ditch these carts and go. I was going to the dance! The number one thing I wanted to do. I already had the dress I wanted on hold for weeks now.