Quatro

Ruby's pov

     It was the next day and I had plans to hang out with Nailea, but my Abuelita somehow lured me into being her test subject for a dress. I heard my phone ding several times thinking it was Nai cause I was 2 hours late to meet up with Her, Monse and Jamal. They somehow injected their selves into our plans. 

      "Cinco, minutos mas, hijo" Abuelita said

 "Abuelita I have to go I'm late to mee-" "Cinco, minutos mas, hijo" she said cutting me off.

 "Thats what you've been saying for the last half an hour, can i at least have my phone?" I groaned. 

"Cinco minutos mas, hijo". 

" Whats going on" Monse said as she came in with Nai behind her. I immediatly felt my cheecks heat up in embarrassment. Nai looked at me irritated.

 "Yeah Ruby" she said.

 "I think its pretty obvious" I said rolling my eyes at Monse. 

"Great, so walk me through the moment Cesar said what he said" Monse said.

 "Dont worry about it" I said.

 "There you go again" she said. 

"There you go again what" I said with an attitude. 

 "Keeping things from me, you gotta stop withholding, god damn it" she whispered. 

Abuelita sucked in her teeth wincing. 

"Lo siento senorita" she said. 

"Its ok I watch Bravo" she said smirking. Monse then pulled me off the stand and outside with Nai following. 

"We need to go back inside NOW!" I said not wanting anyone else to see me in a dress. Monse kept grilling me about Cesar and I saw how Nai's face cringed at the topic so I said. 

"You know what I know, what I dont know is why he said it but he did. We tried to get him to take it back but he wouldn't, so what can we do? drop it" I exclaimed. 

      "I cant" monse said 

"why" I said frustrated. 

   "because i'm still figuring out if I hate him, you heard what your brother said. how are we going to survive high school without cesar" she said getting sad. 

Mario's not some sage, dont take his words to heart they're just words" I said 

"Then why are we taking Cesar's words to heart they're just words" She said still trying to go against me. 

"Sometimes its's not what they say its about how they say it, and Cesar said it like he meant it, but things could be worse. I said 

     I'm alittle frusrated I finally had the courage to tell Nai how I felt and now I couldn't Something always gets in the way and today was my chance. 

Nai's Pov 

      I stayed quiet as they had their whole conversation about Cesar, I felt like I couldn't say anything. Today was supposed to be just me and ruby, but Monse and Jamal wanted to too, now it's all about Cesar like always. It's always about him no matter who i'm with nobody cares about me. I was supposed to tell ruby how I felt and look I can't even do that.  After a while Jasmine rolled up on her scopter talking about Cesar and Monse. 

   " Damn Ruby I see you, and im down with it I like the freaky, JUST LIKE MONSE" she said. I gave her the look and she stopped. Jasmine is one of my best friends, and she knows I like Ruby and she flirts to make me jealous to get me to admit my feelings for Ruby out loud, she doesnt really like him.