Trece

Jamal's Pov

I've been up all night going through lock boxes looking for some type of clue. I tried calling Nai, Monse, Ruby! But no budge.

"What are you guy's doing? This is trespassing." Ruby said as he arrived being annoyingly circumspect as usual.

"Um... Is their something you wanna tell us?" I asked looking at his face, which was covered in makeup. Next to a Monse who had shown up prior to him. 

"About what?" he asked confused.

"That whole thing." Monse replied gesturing to his face.

""I was helping Olivia with her makeup test for her quince when Jamal 911ed." He replied. "Right sides glamour left sides chic."

"Dude I can't believe i'm saying this but... you're beautiful. " I said with fully genuine

"Why is he here?" Monse whinned.

"Because someone wasn't answering my texts or calls" I said getting sassy with her which was justified.

"My phone was dead! And i'm here now and that's all that matters."She yelled at me. "And I think naysayer needs to go home."

"I am not a naysayer, and why do I need to go home?" Ruby defended himself.

"Rollerworld"

"I'm out of here" Ruby turned to walk away after hearing that one word.

"Rollerworld is real!" I shouted.

"And so were the chupacabra bones you found in the sixth grade"

"It's the only way to save Cesar" she yelled back

"Save Cesar?" Ruby said in a questioning tone.

"Before he's forced to kill Latrelle!"

"Per usual, you're over reacting." he said walking away.

"he's got a gun, and he has to do it tonight unless he disappears."

"This is crazy! If Cesar's got a gun then why don't we help him now?!" Ruby asked. "Why can't he disapear now?"

"To where?"

"Anywhere!"

"That's not a plan, this is a plan" She said holding up the clue I found. She explained to him about the numbers she found.

"This is ridiculous, do you hear yourselves? Numbers leading to more numbers, leading to money that defenitly doesn't exist."

"What about Nai?" I asked cocking my eyebrow up. Still stuck on what Monse had said prior to Ruby.

"What about her?" Monse asked in her monotone voice.

"What do you mean what about her!" I said getting irritated. "Cesar is not the only one who has a task for tonight or did you forget?" I asked as she just stared at me. "Yeah, she texted me last night because, she felt like she had no one. She has to kill Jada tonight but you knew that!" I continued. "And I know Cesar told you about that. But here we are and you don't even seem to care. You guys aren't even her friends. You just left Nai in the dust when Olivia arrived." I said not done yet.

"It's different ok, she's not as deep as him.!" Monse yelled, being inconsiderate and stupid at that.

"What do you mean Monse?!" I asked "Did you forget that she had to beat up a grown man for the santos. I'm n-" I started

"Hate to say it but, Jamal is right, Monse, you are being selfish. Even though you care for Cesar, Nailea is also in the same situation.

"Fine, i'm sorry..." Monse said.