Shoot your shot

»It's about Joel.« I begin and Aleksi's eyes widen.

»What's wrong with Joel? You two seem to be getting on just fine to me.« Aleksi questioned. If only he knew.

»Well, where do I begin?« I ask myself nervously and scratch the back of my neck. »We confessed that we somewhat like eachother and then we kissed. But I don't feel happy with him all the time because whenever me and you are together he looks at me funny, almost like he's angry but I don't know why. Sometimes he can be so kind, like this morning he made me breakfast in bed and then he let me do his hair, but when we left together, he didn't even say Goodbye.« Aleksi looked shocked. I mean I can't blame the poor man, I had just exploded all of my thoughts onto him without any warning.

»You kissed him? Luna, you haven't even known him for a week yet. Also are you blind?« Aleksi asks me while smirking.

»What do you mean, am I blind?« I was confused.

»Luna, do you even hear yourself? You said that Joel gets angry when we hang out right?« He asked again.

»Yeah, but like I said, I don't know why he does it, it's just-« I was cut off by Aleksi interrupting me.

»He's jealous dumbass! He's jealous when we hang out because he likes you! How hard is that to see?« I was shocked. What was there for Joel to be jealous of over me and Aleksi? We're just friends and we made that very clear to the guys.

»What is there for him to be jealous about? we're just friends... and besides I told him I liked him the other day!« I was still shocked that Joel seemed to be jealous over how close me and Aleksi are. I took a sip of the coffee that was slowly getting cold infront of me.

» If you like him that much that you get upset when he's angry at you, and he likes you that much that he gets angry when he sees you hanging out with another guy, then I think you should shoot your shot!«

I spat out my coffee all over Aleksi.

»What the fuck? Aleksi since when do you care about my love life?« I asked him as he sat infront of me with a disgusted look as he had my coffee all over him.

»Well thank you for my shower, and i'll have you know that I care for you now because I know that Joel is a great guy. He's never cheated on a partner, and when he falls in love, he falls hard. If your gonna get with someone, I want what's best for you okay?« He said and a smile appeared on his face, despite the fact he was covered in my spat out coffee.

» But Joel is one of your best friends! If something were to happen, it would ruin your friendship.« I replied. Honestly I loved the thought of being close to Joel, but I never thought Aleksi would be so supportive.

»If you won't talk to him and tell you how you feel, then I will. Honestly a relationship is what Joel needs right now, and if he likes you and you like him then go for it!« Aleksi said with a huge grin on his face.

We had both finished our coffees and Aleksi dropped me back at Joel's apartment.

»Remember to talk to him, okay?« He asked me.

» Are you sure it's a good idea? what if he doesn't want it?« I looked down at my shoes and played with my bracelet on my right wrist. Aleksi put two fingers under my chin to force me to look at him.

»If he's opened up this fast to you, then he definitely wants it, I know him.« Aleksi pulled his hand away from my face and he started to walk away. I chased after him and hugged him from behind.

»Thank you for everything, I love you.« I mumbled onto his neck.

Aleksi turned around to hug me back tightly.

»I love you too, Luna. Now go talk to him, please.« He exited the hug and I smiled at him. He returned the smile and continued walking away.

Only now did I realise that I didn't have a key for Joel's apartment. I pressed the button on the intercom and waited for his response.

»Hello?« I heard Joel's voice through the speaker.

»Hi, it's me.« I replied.

»Oh, come on up!« He said and unlocked the front door. I opened the door and went through the apartment complex until I reached Joel's apartment.

I sighed as I knocked on Joel's door. After a few seconds Joel opened the door.

»Hey!« He said and stood aside to let me into his apartment. His hair was no longer in his plaits but now in that fucking bun again. And my God do I love his bun. I smiled at him and walked into his apartment. He closed the door behind me and wandered into the kitchen. I took my shoes off and joined him in the kitchen.

»There's nothing here to eat here, do you wanna order some dinner?« He asked and looked at me from his fridge. He didn't seem angry anymore, yet again he had changed so suddenly. His mood swings are the worst, everyone would say he's on his period if he didn't have dick.

»Sure i'll order something.« I say and we made our way to his sofa. We agreed on Chinese food and ordered it. »Joel, can I ask you something?« I wanted to get straight to the point, I couldn't wait any longer to hear his answer.

»Of course, go for it.« He said. He seemed so happy in this moment. I kinda didn't want to ruin his happy mood, but I wanted answers to his attitude for the last few days. My head was spinning because of him.

»Joel why do you get so angry sometimes? I don't mean this in a mean way, but whenever I hang out with Aleksi you become a different person. And that person isn't the Joel I know from here, You act so different at your house. Why is that?« I ask him and only now does the expression on his face change.

»I-« He starts fidgeting with his fingernails and looks down at the floor. »I don't really know. I'm sorry i'm such an asshole at times, I really don't mean it. I guess seeing you so close with Aleksi makes me jealous.« And there it was. Joel Hokka admitted that he was jealous that I was hanging out with Aleksi Kaunisvesi.

In that moment I began to laugh. Joel looked at me first with sorry eyes which then quickly changed to confusion.

»Joel, me and Aleksi have been friends for years, and nothing more than friends. I'm so close with Aleksi because I'm so used to hanging out with him everyday for 5 years. Besides, there's no need to be jealous, I already told you I like you.« Joel looked at me with a smile on his face.

»I never mean to get angry, I just thought that maybe you had changed your mind.« He was staring into my eyes. It was a struggle not to get lost in his.

»Of course I haven't changed my mind. I wouldn't have done your hair this morning if I had. By the way it looked really cute. « Now we were both smiling just looking into each others eyes.

Inching closer and closer, Joel grabbed the back of my head and smashed his lips onto mine. His lips were so soft I felt like I was in heaven. Our kisses grew wilder and soon I was straddling his lap. He moved his head back and gave me access to his neck, where I started to suck and nibble on his soft skin causing a quiet moan to escape from Joel's lips. I moved back to his lips again and Joel put his rough hands firmly on my hips. While we were kissing the doorbell rang. I sighed and got off Joel and he went to the door.

We had both completely forgotten that we had ordered some food and now we were both talking about anything and everything while eating Chinese food.