3-

Faisal wokeup with the sound of blaring alarm clock kept on his side night stand. Turning off the alarm clock he glanced at his wife who was  clinging to him like ke a cat . He wasn't a person who liked cuddling but this particular woman would cling to him no matter how much he tried to detach her from himself she wouldn't budge away .

Freshening up he was buttoning up his shirt when she wokeup saying her Salam .

"Walaikum Salam , kya huwa uthne ka Dil nahein hae "  he said as he removed the sheets and picked up her duppatta .

"Aise baat nahein hae lekin agar neeche gae aur Ammi abhi bhi ghussa huwein tou ? "

"Maheen you have not done anything wrong , kuch ghalat Kya hota phir theek , chalo shabash utho shohar ko bhoka bhejne ka irada hae Kya ? " He held her hand whereas with  the other one he  smoothened her hair pressing a kiss to her nose he pushed her  towards washroom.

"Yeh sara drama sirf chaii k liye ho raha hae " Maheen said back as she went inside the washroom Faisal laughed at her .

"Ammi mujhe aap sae kuch baat karni hae " Faisal went inside the kitchen after breakfast as he knew she would be here .

Tehmina begum glanced at her son and then turned back towards the stove , ushering the maid out Faisal turned towards his mother

"Ammi aap ne kal Maheen ko q daanta , you know she wasn't at fault " his voice was soft and respectful .

" Ghalti us ke the " Tehmina begum slammed the jug on the kitchen  slab her voice in a hush but he could clearly depict the anger .

"Ammi it was unintentional " he grabbed her hand in his

"Bola bhi tha mein nae Saira sae shaadi kar lo , doctor bhi hae mature bhi hae -

"Ammi yeh sab qisamt ka likha hota hae aur itni achi tou hae " his mother glared at him

"Haan bus biwi agae abh Maa ke kis ko fikar " she turned her head to the other side .

"Aapko kis ne kaha yeh ,office sae aane k baad sab sae pehle Dadi Jan aur aap k pass aata hoon - abh jab shaadi karwane hae tou us k haq bhi tou aada karunga na " Faisal was now sitting on his knees infront of his mother her hands in his .

Her expressions softened

"Ammi I am getting late , aap ke bahu
dare sehmi ooper bethi hae us ko bula lein zara " pressing a kiss to her forehead he picked up his bag and sent a message to his wife to come downstairs ,more like threatening her or she would definitely stay all day in her portion .

Maheen came downstairs or more precisely being dragged by Laiba .

"Maheen beta idhr aao " Sahil Ali Achakzai who was busy reading news paper called her .

"G Abbu ? "

"Beta ainda aapko koe shikayat ho maere  pass ajaen theek hae ? Jitna yeh ghar Laiba aur Irsa ka hae utna aapka bhi hae " he patted her head affectionately whereas Maheen thanked Allah for granting such a sweet father in law .

"Aye ladki yeh Kya dulhanoon ke tarhan bethe ho , hamein tou Saas soo batein suna dete the bhai ek kaan se suno aur doosre se nikal do " Dadi Jan hit her slightly with her crane .

"Dadi marein tou mat " she moved away a bit from her

"Jao mere dawae lao mein dekhte hoon tumhare Saas k sath " she whispered to her making her chuckle .

*
*
*

"Ammi sae baat huwe ? " Faisal whispered to her as she passed him tray of Salad while eating dinner .