4-

The sun was at it's peek today , Lahore city was still bustling in  the mid of the day inspite of such hot weather . Inside Achaakzai house the maids were running here and there everyone busy with their chores as Laiba's in laws were arriving today . Tehmina begum wanted everything to be perfect .

Dadi Jan could only shake her head at her daughter in law's OCD .

"Ek kursi ko teen bar saaf karwa chuki ho tum bahu "Dadi Jan said as she placed the string in the Quran majeed raising her hands for Dua.

Tehmina begum glanced at her mother in law guiltly .

"Maheen bhi abhi tak nahein aaye " she murmured tapping her phone to call her .

"Ajae ge , imtehan tha bachi ka aaj " Dadi Jan said as she held her crane and assesed everything from where she was sitting .

"Padhte tou he nahein ,konsa MBBS kar rahe he "

"Tehmina ! Us bachi k saamne aise baatein na karein aap " Sahil Ali had heard her

"Mein tou waese he -

"Bus mein ne keh diya na " his voice wasn't loud but definitely conveyed the message to her .

Just then Maheen entered with Laiba smiling

Saying her Salam Maheen went to her room to get ready .

" Maheen pehle agar kaam kar lete aap tou behtar hota ,Laiba sae tou mein karwa nahein sakte us k kapre kharab hojaen ge -

"Koe baat nahein mein kar loon ge " Maheen wasn't a child not to understand the intuition behind her words . Her mother in law didn't like her from the very start . She wanted her son to marry her only niece Saira who was a gynaecologist, because she wanted a doctor bahu but Dadi Jan and fate had other plans .

Wearing the apron Maheen started making spaghettis as the guests were arriving for lunch which consisted of both Desi and Chinese cuisine.

Maheen being the messy worker spilled some soya sauce over her clothes to which she was oblivious .

The ringing of bell informed the arrival of guests .

"Assalam walaikum " Maheen entered the drawing room where the guests were seated much to Laiba's happiness her fiance was there as well but out of fear of Dadi Jan she didn't dare to talk to Faiq infornt of her .

"Kaese ho Maheen beta " Faiq's mother said as she embraced her in a hug

"Theek aap kaese haen "

"Alhamdulilah "

Maheen turned towards Faiq's sister Kainat who was the same age as her's

"Aunty lagta hae aap farigh ho gae haen kitchen k duty sae Maheen nae sab sambhal liye " her gaze went to the soya sauce stain on Maheen's cloth which was noticed by her mother-in- law as well .

"Nahein sab kaam tou mein khud he karte hoon bus Jo reh jata hae wo yeh kar lete hae " Tehmina begum replied

"Hmm waese he app doctor bahu k gham mein the itni sughar tou hae Maheen " Kainat didn't leave a chance to taunt anyone .

After a while when Maheen came out to guide the maids in setting dining table Tehmina begum came as well and held her arm in her grip "Kya dekhana chaahte ho tum huh ? K tum bohut achii ho ,bohut sughar ho ,jao aur abhi issi waqt yeh kapde change karo " her words were fueled with anger which broke Maheen's heart .

Faisal who was late today arrived in the evening ,once he met his grandmother and mother he went to his room .

Maheen was sitting in the room watching something on laptop with Irsa .