Chapter 7

"shit" was all you managed to say before quickly regaining composure "I'll be there soon tell yumeko to not die" you say into the phone before hanging up and running out of class.

As you get to the room where the gamble is being held you notice a small syringe on the floor in a zip lock bag outside the room, you decide to pick it up and pocket it because knowing your luck this would be a spare antidote.

When you walked in the room you noticed yumeko laying down on a couch in the corner of the room, a syringe that looks exactly like the one you picked up, Ryota looking worried not that you could blame him, one of his friends was just poisoned, miyo and Miri looking smug and Runa "oh hey (Y/n)" she says as cheerful as ever, you smile "oh hey Runa! Actually that reminds me, madari asked if you wanted to hang out with us after school?" You ask slightly confusing everyone else in the room except Runa.

"Yeah sure" runa says. "Urm (y/n)?" Ryota asks "oh yeah right Yumeko's dying" you chuckle nervously completely having forgotten about that, you sit down at the table at smile at the two girls Infront of you. "So what are we playing?" You ask cheerily as ever.

They explain the rules and that if you go over 9 you'd have to prick your finger on the poisoned needles expecting you to show at least a little fear but nope, nothing. "Oh that doesn't sound that bad!" You say with a smile "it kind of reminds me about that I got trapped on an island and... I probably shouldn't talk about that"

"So if you don't want your friend to die you'll accept the bet of 100 election chips for the antidote" miyo says confidential "well it seems I don't really have much of a choice" you say your smile never failing "all it takes is a little violence and things seem to be going my way"  miyo says condescendingly.

"But how long will things stay going your way?" You ask her condescending tone pissing you off "anyway Runa I'm ready" you say calmly "aren't you worried Yumeko's life is on the line!?" Ryota whisper-yells at you clearly not liking how calm you were, "hmm? Oh yumeko will be fine" you whisper to him as Runa deals the cards, you got a good hand as expected.

Once everyone got their hands you noticed the two girls made almost unnoticeable movements to each other, 'they're communicating! Maybe if I get lucky enough I'll be able to throw them off of using it by making them believe I've cracked their code' you think to yourself "3, 1, 1, 0 Right Miri?" You guessed "h-huh?" Miri said panicked, you guessed from her reaction you were right or at least half right "those are your cards right?" You asked with a sweet smile.

"there's no way you could have known that without cheating!" Miyo says quickly "eh? Your just upset I cracked your code in seconds, it must have taken so long to come up with as well! I almost feel bad for you" you say "it shouldn't be humanly possible for you to have translated it that quickly! It would be impossible to tell when we were actually talking or not!" Miyo yelled "you know I've that a lot in my life... That something shouldn't be possible but I'm getting side tracked" you say "I believe it's time to begin the game"

-time skip-

You won the antidote as expected and won quite a large amount of chips but the game had to stop when Miri passed out due to the poison "oh dear~ It'd be a tragedy if your sister died so prematurely, I'm sure you had a spare antidote as a just in case" you said to miyo as you slowly walked around her knowing you had both antidotes but she could have had more, she started to painic as she realised she didn't have it "w-what?" She said quietly not having taken the lose well and now thinking her sister was actually at risk.

"You must be looking for one of these~?" You asked holding up both antidotes, "(y-y/n)?" Ryota says worried about yumeko "your lucky I'm feeling compassionate" you say giving her the antidote before taking yumeko to the infirmary and giving her the antidote.

________________________________

(A/n)

School's started up again so updates will probably be a little slower than I would like.