07

*this is the fight that takes place the night before reiners party* (this is why y/n was mad at eren in chapter one).

...

*3 days earlier*

"You're joking," I said, my voice filled with disbelief.

This was unbelievable.

"Get out," I demanded, my frustration evident. It was 2 in the morning, and I did not have time for this right now.

"No," he replied defiantly.

I didn't even know what to say anymore. This has been a daily thing for almost a week now. He's been sad, and he's been drinking, and every night he's been showing up, and taking his frustration out on me.  I was exhausted.

I stomped towards my bedroom door. But as I reached for the knob, I was spun around and forcefully pinned against the door. I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing myself, as I heard his ragged and uneven breathing.

"You're being mean." he whispered, his breath hitting my face.

"Eren." I managed to say, my voice filled with a mix of frustration and exhaustion.

One of his hands left my shoulder and cupped my cheek, but I turned my head, rejecting his touch. His jaw clenched in response, and he harshly removed his hand from my face.

"Do you know how sad I get when you're upset with me?" he whispered.

yeah, i do

"Maybe you should stop making me upset, then," I replied.

"God, you're so pretty" he whispered, seemingly ignoring my words.

"Get off," I pushed him away, causing him to stumble back.

"You are so full of shit, you know that?" he spat, his voice dripping with venom.

"I'm your friend, Eren, and I love and care for you so much. But when you're out of line, I'm going to fucking tell you. And right now..."

I took a deep breath, gathering my strength.

"You are out of line," I stated firmly.

"Because I touched you?" he scoffed, "You always fucking do this. Wonder what would have happened if I kissed yo—"

"No, because you show up at my house drunk, in the middle of the night, four nights in a row, you asshole," I cut him off sharply. Him touching me was the least of my concerns.

He aggressively gripped my wrist, his anger palpable.

"Listen to me," he started, his voice almost a whisper yet still resonating with intensity.

"I'm really not happy with you right now. My mind is in a really fucked-up place, and all you're doing is making it worse. You understand?"

What the fuck did I do?!

He lets go of my wrist and starts taking his jacket off. There's no way he's staying the night...

please no

At this point, I had no idea if he would get physical with me again, he did once, but....it was an accident.

"I worry about you... you know that?" his voice barely audible, filled with a mix of pain and concern.

"When I call you and you don't pick up, do you know how scared I get? When I'm upset, I need you to be there for me, okay? I need you. Do you understand what I'm trying to say here?" he pleaded.

I could feel a sob come up my throat. He's playing me. It's what he does.

"Get out," I choked out, my voice strained.

I shoved the sob down, refusing to let him see how much he affected me, how he had won this battle.

I've had to put up with this shit for way too long, and I wasn't going to anymore, I didn't care if he hurt me; I just needed him gone.

"Get out, Eren. I will not ask again," I stated firmly.

He stared at me for a moment, and then he dropped his hands and walked out the door.

I didn't realize I had been holding my breath until I finally heard the front door close.

Breathing heavily, I leaned against the door and let the tears pour out.

...

we love a toxic friendship huh