12

*flashback*

"I know," Levi's voice carried a tinge of sadness as he looked down. His words pierced through the heavy silence that enveloped us. "Y/n, we knew this would happen eventually. It was literally inevitable."

"Please say something."

I cleared my throat

His words hit me like a wave, causing my brain to freeze momentarily. I struggled to find the right words to respond, feeling a mix of emotions swirling within me. "Uh... congratulations," I stammered, my voice trembling slightly. "That's great... I'm really happy for you. And Petra... she's a lucky woman."

There was a prolonged silence, stretching for what felt like an eternity. I could sense the weight of unspoken thoughts hanging in the air between us.

Levi broke the silence, his voice tinged with disappointment. "Are you really happy for me?"

I hesitated, caught between my true feelings and the social expectations placed upon me. Admitting my true emotions would only complicate matters further. "Yes, I am," I replied with a sad smile, attempting to mask the turmoil inside.

Levi saw through my facade, letting out a soft laugh. "You know you're a terrible liar."

A bittersweet smile formed on my lips. "Yeah, well, I had a good teacher."

Realising how my words might have come across, I rushed to clarify. "I didn't mean it like that, Levi. It's just... it's complicated."

He cut me off gently, understanding in his eyes. "I know."

"This was going to happen eventually, Y/N, we knew this."

In that moment, the reality of our situation settled upon us, sealing our fate. The unspoken understanding between us was suffocating, as the depth of our connection clashed with the impossibility of a future together.

I let out a weary sigh, my heart heavy with conflicting emotions. "Yeah... we did know."

*End of flashback*

Days had passed since my meeting with Levi, and our conversation kept replaying in my head. I wondered if things would have turned out differently if I had chosen my words more carefully.

Was our fate sealed from the beginning?

A student having an intimate relationship with her teacher wasn't seen as 'ethical' and I know it look's bad but in the moments I was with him, nothing had ever felt more right.

It had also been days since I'd seen my friends.

After that meeting with Levi at the coffee shop, I needed some time alone to process everything. So, I packed my bags and decided to visit my grandparents. I needed time to think and I wasn't going to be able to do that with them around, especially Eren, I let Mikasa know about my plans, and I assumed she informed the others.

During my stay, I made a conscious choice to keep my phone turned off.

My stay lasted a good 3 days, until I realised I couldn't keep hiding from the situation forever and would have to face it one way or another.

...

I arrived home around midnight, relieved that I wouldn't have to deal with anyone until the next day. As I stepped out of my car, I couldn't help but notice the eerie quietness of my neighbourhood . It felt unusually still and deserted.

Letting out a tired sigh, I entered my house, which felt cold and completely empty. My parents had informed my grandparents that they were going on a business trip and wouldn't return until the following night, leaving me alone at home.

Living in a two-story house had always made me uneasy, especially when I found myself alone most of the time. With a sense of weariness, I dragged myself up the stairs, too exhausted to even bother taking my bags with me. All I wanted was to sleep.

As I opened the door to my room, I was met with an unexpected sight. There, lying on my bed, was Eren. Completely passed out.

...

hey guys, im sorry i haven't updated in a while. quick question, would you guys like me to end this book quickly or take my time with it and make it longer?

anyways i hoped you enjoyed this chapter, i know alot of you guys were confused in the last chapter about levi.😭