III. Legacy

III. DRACULA. Vlad Tepes. It's so obvious now. This is his castle. And this… is his son! 

Blood was rushing through your veins. You knew the name. You'd heard the tales. The massacres. Of the vampires. His great War to end humanity. The night creatures…. You were too frightened to conceal, there was no way he wouldn't notice. Taken aback himself, his initial shock turned to a disappointed gaze. 

'Ah. I see. You recognize my father's name…'. Bitterness painting each word. 'Even from beyond the grave he continues to torment me…' 

'You're-You're a vampire?!', your eyes blown wide open, voice shaking. 

'Well, half if we're gonna get down to the analytics of it…'. That didn't calm you down. Damn. 'Don't worry. I told you. I'm not going to hurt you'. He tried getting close to you but you jumped out of your seat, throwing the large chair down with a loud thud that echoed across the empty room. 

Disappointment turned to sadness. 

'If I was going to kill you - let me reassure you-you weren't even gonna get the chance to dig through my past trauma.' He hissed your name. 

'You're him...', you said to yourself. You were starting to irritate him now. 'The night creatures that killed my family! He sent them!'. 

He turned around, letting his head fall back as he let out a bitter laugh. 

'Oh… I'd doubt that. You know… Seeing as I have already killed him.'

'You…  Killed… Dracula?'. What was he saying?! How could he possibly have killed such a monster?! Everyone who had ever tried had ended up dead! He was immortal. And he… He was his son.

'Yeah. In my childhood bedroom too. I can show you. At this point, it's almost like a museum of my childhood torment, why not take a tour?!'. Bitter, spitting out every word sharp as nails. 'You are to spend the night here after all'. He looked back at you from over his shoulder, smiling hazily exhibiting his sharp fangs. 

Your knees gave out beneath you as darkness consumed you once again. 

<sort chapters that's why I'm posting them back to back>