IX. Crimson

IX. When you woke up it was already dark outside. Shit, I must have left him waiting. You got up, your head feeling a little heavy still. Your leg gratefully went back to its numb state, so you used your makeshift crutch to get down as fast as possible. 

He wasn't in the dining room. What you did find there however was two sets of gold silverware and two tall wine glasses, placed one at the top of the table and the other right next to it. The door opened suddenly behind you, startling you. That's when he came in, wearing his black heavy coat and his typical tight pants. His hair, well combed and shining under the candle light, fell delicately as always down his wide shoulders. He invited you to sit, even pulling your chair back for you to sit on. That's what princes did in the fairytales you heard growing up… 

'Do you drink? I was thinking of having some red wine, since drinking your blood is off the table', he said in his sarcastic fashion. You were glad he seemed to be feeling better than that morning. Maybe interacting with another person finally lifted his spirits. 

'I've never drunk… anything with alcohol before, but I'd be willing to try some'

'Two glasses of wine coming right up'. He even forced a smile this time. 

He served the wine and the stew as you talked about random things; the location of the castle, the unlucky animals you had for dinner and the state of your injury. The wine tasted acidic yet sweet and you finished a glass of it quite quickly. 'It's a shame mother never let us have any at festivals', you said, your face turning a bit red.

'A shame indeed.', he said, drinking some from his own glass. 'Your mother seemed like quite the intense lady.' 

'You have no idea! When we stuck out to play instead of mopping the house, she'd chase us around the streets with a broom', you let out a melancholic chuckle while playing with the rim of your empty glass. 'She's in a better place now… Rid of me finally…' 

'Do you really believe that?', he said seriously, 'Do you think there's a place after this one?', looking right inside your eyes, waiting impatiently for your answer. 

'There must be, right? Even if there isn't, I know she'll always live here anyways', you pointed to your head. 'All of them'. You took his pale hand in yours and moved it over the left side of his chest. You could feel his heart beating fast. You locked eyes again for a long, reassuring moment. You swam through the sunset sea you liked to call his eyes, drowning in the golden waves, your faces inches apart from each other. 

He poured you another glass of wine. 

'To them, then. May they never die', raising a toast in memory of your mother and his. Your siblings and his father. Everyone gone from this life but not the next. You both drank the beverage that couldn't be helped but to leave a bitter taste in your mouth. 

And you both drank and drank some more to wash the unpleasant flavor down. Then ate in silence. 

'You know, Alucard, I don't understand what the whole fuss about the whole blood drinking thing is about. I mean, I fell on my face as a kid many a time and broke many teeth. But blood tasted so disgusting.', the alcohol had well made its way in your bloodstream. 

'Vampires need blood to be strong and preserve their youth. A vampire is immortal but without blood they're practically powerless, weak and malnourished. Besides, we taste human blood differently from you humans. To us it tastes better, smells sweeter, varying from person to person, though. '

He noticed you had been looking at his face intensely. 

'If my eye bags are what you're so cautiously examining, I must inform you that they're a product of an unstable sleeping schedule and not abstinence from blood. I'm a dhampir-half human half vampire - so I can very well survive without the occasional bite on a pretty lady's neck'

'Would you bite my neck?' 

'I thought you made it clear that you forbade me' 

'Yeah, but if I hadn't? If you saw me down the street for the first time, would you think I'm pretty enough to drink from?' 

You got no answer. Instead you felt his lips press forcefully against yours, hot and rough. He slowly pulled back, opening his eyes slowly, focusing them on you and only you. He lifted your chin with his finger, glancing at your pretty neck. 

'In a heartbeat.', he smiled passionately, showing off his sharp fangs. He dove back into the kiss, his tongue pressing softly against your lips. You granted its entrance to deepen the kiss. 

He lifted you from your seat and moved you on the table effortlessly. You grabbed onto his collar to stabilize yourself. His hands traveled from the curves of your waist all the way to your hips, breathing heavily. He broke the kiss off to plant soft kisses along your jawline, gradually arriving at your collarbone. He started sucking the skin there, drawing a soft moan from you. 

'What is it going to be, (Y/N)? Have a change of heart?', he growled. 

'How could I refuse! It's not every day a half vampire count thinks you're pretty' , you smiled. He returned the gesture with a more mischievous intent. He pushed the plates and glasses off of the table and pressed you down on the now clean surface. He laid on top of you, one hand squeezing your right breast while he used the other to steady himself. You could feel his hot breath against your sensitive skin before he dug his pearly teeth on your neck. The mix between the two caused another, loader moan to escape your lips. The pain mixed with pleasure as he sucked on your delicious blood. He stopped to look at you, one drop of blood running down his lips and onto his chin. He licked it sensually before going back to kissing you. You tasted your blood on his lips; his long soft hair brushing over your cheeks; your hands moved lower to the rim of his pants. You wanted more. 

'No more than two days or so ago you stood right over there terrified of me. Your legs collapsing under you at the sound of my name. And now here you are… trying to fuck me.' 

'I gave you my blood, why shouldn't I get a little something in return?' 

'And, boy, was it delicious. Sweetest I have ever had.', he added, kneeling down to the ground and lifting your skirt up. He started placing shallow bites starting from your knee and making his way on the inside of your thigh, small streams of bright red blood running down your leg.

'What do you want, (Y/N)?', he said, his teeth sharp and bloody. 

'You, Alucard! I want you.' 

He started licking the running blood with his tongue until he got to your entrance. You opened your legs wider, inviting him. He continued licking, this time up your wet folds as you gasped heavily. He started working you open by inserting his eager tongue in and out of your cunt. 

'Do tell me, (Y/N), do I happen to be your first?', he said as if he already knew the answer. 

'Y-yes', you mattered, a bit self conscious. 

'Then I'll make it worth it.', he started sucking on your clit while you groaned his name. At the same time he ran his finger along your slit, gathering some of your slick before pushing it inside you. It hurt a little bit but after a while the pain collided with the pleasure caused by his consistent pace. He added a second finger, scissoring both of them as he quickened the speed of his tongue around your clit. You felt warmth building up in your gut, moaning loudly every time he hit a specific spot inside you. That gave him the signal to set a brutal pace. Your whole body tightened around him as your yell of ecstasy echoed on the tall walls. He continued until you came down from the high of your orgasm. 

'That was… Amazing', you said while trying to catch your breath. 

'Let's take this elsewhere', he said kissing your irritated neck before picking you up again and carrying you to his room.