24

On the 3rd of July

Caroline was busy making sure everything was going well with the last preparations for the big '4th of July Ball' tomorrow. With her help, Klaus had chosen a grand venue; a huge building which was a museum on a normal day. Currently, they were having an exhibition on Mexican cults in the main hall and the owner allowed some of the pieces to remain in the hall. This would add to the beautiful aesthetic of the ball.

Klaus came walking up to her. "I see you're doing well. You know, Hope was really disappointed when you left the other day."

"Can you blame me though? Hayley was there and the way she was watching me with Hope was like - ugh! I felt like I was doing an exam with her as my examiner!" she exclaims.

Klaus nodded. "Well, she is, after all, Hope's mother. Even if she's not easy to deal with sometimes."

"Will she be here tomorrow evening?" the blonde woman asked.

A smirk graced his lips. "No, she won't. She wanted to, at first, but then she got invited to another party which she is going to enjoy with Tyler. Meaning there will be no unpleasant exes on this ball. Just you, me, a couple of unimportant other guests, and a whole lot of art, music and dancing. So, what do you say: does that sound like a good date to you?"

His girlfriend raised her eyebrows in a teasing manner. "That remains to be seen."
Letting her word linger in the air, she slowly walked away from his presence, sending him one last suggestive glance over her shoulder as she left the hall.

Niklaus quietly grinned to himself.

***

The Grand Ball

Just as Klaus had predicted after seeing his girlfriend's work, the ball was a beautiful and very successful event. A colourfully decorated main hall with matching corridors on all sides. Huge doors left the main hall open on one side, for the guests to step onto the porch. At midnight, there would be fireworks outside as the highlight of an unforgettable night.

Caroline and Klaus were the queen and king of the ball, drawing everyone's eyes on them.

Needless to say, Klaus' siblings were there as well, all shining with their partners

Needless to say, Klaus' siblings were there as well, all shining with their partners. Elijah had brought Elena,

 Elijah had brought Elena,