Chapter 1: "We Have a Deal"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 1: "We Have a Deal" *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Reflecting upon the events of your life, you decide you must be either the luckiest or most cursed person in the galaxy.

Current events have you leaning towards the latter.

With a frustrated grunt, you squint your eyes against the dust billowing down the street. Reaching up to your hat, you lower a pair of goggles to rest securely around your eyes. You mutter curses when you feel sand rattling around in the lenses, trapped inside by the whipping wind.

You slightly lift the scarf pressed against your mouth and spit, ridding your mouth of the dust turning to mud. At this point, six weeks into your miserable residence on the tiny planet of Taek, you must have consumed enough dust and dirt to birth a new desert planet.

Grumbling complaints to yourself, you tighten the scarf around your face as you stalk down the street, avoiding eye contact with anyone or anything for too long. You learned that lesson the first week on Taek after a tussle with a Twi'lek.

In your defense, you were only trying to be friendly, but, apparently, Taek didn't have much in the way of locals, only smugglers and pirates looking for a quick refuel and refresh. Prolonged eye contact and a friendly "hello" with those kinds sometimes didn't end too terribly well. The fading bite mark on your arm proved as much.

Hoping to rid yourself of the dust that seemed to penetrate everything this dirtball had to offer, you slip in between two buildings, allowing yourself a reprieve from the sandstorm whipping down the street. You loosen your scarf, shaking your head as sand pours from it like a waterfall.

"Damn it," you grumble. "I shouldn't be hungry after all the sand I've swallowed." You spit more dirt out of your mouth as if to prove your point. Satisfied that you've ridded yourself of as much dirt as possibly achievable on a planet full of dirt, you turn your attention back towards assessing Taek's current batch of inhabitants.

Taek's only starport held a different crowd of creatures every couple of days. Outside of the few storekeepers, cantina-owners, and brothels, you are convinced Taek holds no permanent residents. You cross your arms and lean against the corner of the building. "One mean-looking squid-man," you mumble under your breath as you take tally. "A Twi'lek, looks like a smuggler.... Rodian..."

A bright flash of light from down the street pulls your eyes in that direction. Letting your arms fall to the side, you squint, making out an armored figure striding down the street, reflecting bright sunlight even through the dust caking the air.

A Mandalorian.

With a sharp inhale of breath, you jerk backwards into the alley. "No, no, no!" you hiss to yourself.

You'd seen and avoided other bounty hunters on Taek, but this was a Mandalorian bounty hunter.

You'd heard stories about Mandalorian hunters.