Chapter 8 (Part 2): "He Must Be Trained"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 8 (Part 2): "He Must Be Trained" *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"HEY! Get away from there! You know he doesn't like droids!"

You lumber down the ramp after the Mandalorian, squinting against the unforgiving rays of the twin Tatooine suns. You lift a hand to your eyes, blinking as a woman- head full of tight curls- marches towards the Razor Crest.

"May as well let them have at it," the Mandalorian grumbles. "The Crest needs a good once over."

"Oh! So, he likes droids now. Well, you heard him." The woman waves at a crew of droids. "Give it a once over!... I guess a lot has changed since you were last in Mos Eisley."

The Mandalorian pauses in front of the stranger with Cara, Pablo, and yourself gathering around him.

"Well, looky here! You've made new friends!" The woman narrows her eyes, leaning in towards Pablo. "Hopefully you three won't try and kill me like the last one this Mandalorian dragged in here."

She leans into you this time. "If you ask me, I think your Mandalorian here needs a good group of friends," she whispers under her breath. "The man doesn't live well."

You slap a hand over your nose, pressing to muffle your burst of laughter.

But then Pablo laughs, and you just can't hold it in.

The Mandalorian sighs, not sparing the two of you a glance.

"I'm Peli." The woman nods again, oblivious to the effect her words have had on you and Pablo. "I am a very- OH ho!" Peli launches forward, swooping the baby out from the Mandalorian's satchel. "I've missed this little one! Let me guess, I'm needed for babysitting services? Don't ask! Yes!" She rocks the baby against her hip, and the baby, delighted by the attention, grins and giggles- clearly very pleased to see Peli again.

"If it isn't too much trouble." The Mandalorian reaches out, stroking the child's ear. "The girl and I need to resupply. I'd rather leave the child here."

"I have a name, Mando," you grumble under your breath, shooting him a glare.

He keeps his head straight, focused on Peli, ignoring your protest.

"Of course!" Peli shouts, walking several feet away as she rambles away to the child.

"Mando-" Cara touches his arm- "I'll catch up with you later today before we leave Tatooine. I'm taking Pablo with me." She eyes Pablo, a suspicious gleam in her eyes. "He claims he has a contact, can get Navarro hooked up with a good supplier."

"Of course!" Pablo flings his hands out, grinning ear to ear. "Old Bolbo is a close friend! He completely forgave me for that incident with his sister in Anchorhead!"