Chapter 9 (Part 1): "A Good Man"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 9 (Part 1): "A Good Man" *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Mando can't kill us if he can't find us."

"Pablo," Cara snaps. "We can't just-"

"It's not our fault the Mandalorian's 'girlfriend' ran away." Pablo scoots forward, a scowl etched deep on his face. "But he's going to shoot us when he finds out-"

"Shoot you, maybe."

"Pardon? If memory serves me-" Pablo waves a hydro-spanner at her- "we were both left to look after Mando's precious little sunstar."

"Get that thing out of my face." Cara swats at the hydro-spanner, ignoring Pablo's curse as it flies through the air.

Maker. She can't believe she's been stuck alone with Pablo for three whole days. The man is-

"Hey!"

Cara twists, watching as Peli stomps around the side of the Razor Crest, barely visible even with the moonlight.

"I can hear everything you're saying! You're not about to run away-" Peli juts a thumb at her chest- "leaving me with the fallout!"

"Oh, come on, Ms. Peli." Pablo flashes her a cheeky grin. "You have 4PO to protect yourself, right?"

"4PO!"

-Crash.

"Oh, Maker's mercy!"

"4PO! Get off the ground, for land's sake!" Peli growls. "Pick yourself up!"

<my existence is but an illusion>

...

"Oh, kriffin' hell."

...

"Well.... Anyway... you can't expect me to handle an angry Mandalorian all by myself!" Peli squawks, shoving at Pablo's shoulder. "I swear, I'll have my droids strip every last-"

"We aren't leaving." Cara shoots Pablo a pointed look.

He throws his hands in the air, avoiding meeting both their eyes.

"I'm watching you," Peli grumbles, jabbing a finger at Pablo as she walks away. "4PO! I swear- get UP!"

Releasing a pained sigh, Cara begins going through the motions of loading and unloading her weapon, a distraction against the apprehension, the concern for you beginning to weigh heavy in her chest.

Sure, you might be impulsive, reckless even, but Cara knows you aren't stupid- far from it, in fact.

...