Chapter 7 (Part 2): "As You Please"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter 7 (Part 2): "As You Please" *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"No, that's too dangerous. It's a stupid plan."

"Got anything better, little miss genius?" Pablo grumbles.

"Oh, and you're a genius?" It takes all of your inner strength to keep your voice below a whisper. You feel your face warm with seething anger. "You're the one who got caught by a bounty hunter!"

"And you're the one who got kidnapped."

"Stars!" you growl, shifting further away from Pablo, sliding across the Mandalorian's bed. "Honestly? I hope they do kill you."

"Don't tempt me with a good time."

You hand is raised in the air, prepared to shove him off the bed when Winta bursts through the doorway of the sleeping quarters.

"Someone's coming!"

"Kriff!" you hiss, flying to your feet.

"Hey, hey, wait, where the hell-"

"Under the bed!" You slap a hand on the top of his head, shoving it down with force. "Go!"

"I can barely fit," he growls. "I think I'm stuck- HEY NOW."

"Move!" you hiss through your teeth, pushing on his ass with both hands.

A few more panicked wiggles, and he slips underneath.

"Here." You slip him his blaster back. "Don't make me regret this."

He peaks up at you with a lopsided smile. "Never, sweetheart."

You barely make it back into the hull before the female Nar Shaddaa operative steps down from the last rung of the ladder.

"We've finalized the last details of the rendezvous with the Mandalorian." She throws both hands on her hips, rolling her shoulders forward, taking on a much more intimidating presence. "We should be arriving within fifteen minutes."

Stars! Fifteen minutes... Within fifteen minutes...

Oh Maker...

Swallowing back your anxiety, you stroll over to where the children sit in the bunk compartment, climbing up and joining them. You take the baby up, setting him down in your lap. He stares up at the woman and coos as the other children tuck behind your back.

"And?" You are trying your hardest to use your professional, almost bored tone of voice, the one you used when discussing "business" on Nar Shaddaa.

"I'm just reiterating my earlier point-" she smiles- "that one wrong move, play heroics, and you know how this will end."

You blink, keeping the mask on your face. "Good, well, thanks for the update." If you stay calm... the kids will stay calm... If you stay calm... the kids will stay calm...