Chapter 8

Today was a special day for Shinsou.
It was special but at the same time, it wasn't. He hated remembering this day so he told his parents to not bother celebrating it. Now don't get him wrong, he doesn't despise the day he was born because of his parents for seeming to sometimes distance themselves from him; that was all on his actions and choices.
He just couldn't help but feel he was a  disappointment to his parents. Plus, this 'so-called' special day brings back bad memories.

A flashback of a particular birthday crossed his mind,
Here he was blood-soaked at tree bark. His shallow breathing could barely be seen. He almost looked dead but his heart completely shattered when he heard the voice of someone he thought he loved and knew,

"Happy Birthday you sad excuse of a human being. This is my birthday present to you. Hope you remember the scar as a declaration of no one going to be able to love such a villain like you".
Her voice rang in his head causing a change he now lived every day.

Of course, Shinsou wouldn't believe in what that female dog said. Especially now that all her claims now seem to be a puff of cold air; meant to give you the shivers but ends up giving way for warmth. He just couldn't bring himself to celebrate this special day again. A part of him is fully aware that deep down, he does not want to be proven wrong.

Looking back to when he met his newfound friends, this was their second year in middle school.
Time seemed to pass slowly as the trio of friends passed through middle school together. Shinsou woke up every day asking the same questions over and over again,
"Is this a dream?"
"Do I have friends that won't leave me?"
"I'm not getting bullied right?"

These questions were however answered the moment he stepped into school.
Every day he stepped into school, he is met with the same duo who never seemed to have the intention of leaving with him.

There, always waiting for him, were Yosōijō Gatou and Rei Kurojin. Classes were now a whole lot better as he could breathe and the case of his bullying...

A hand is placed on two idiots who seemed to be picking on Shinsou. With a voice void of warmth and with a smile that sent shivers to the idiots, Rei says, "Hello fellow schoolmates, may I ask what are you doing with my friend?"

... Let's just say he didn't have any.
To top it all, life has been really good.
The trio also finds time to hang out together and get to know each other. Through this, Shinsou has learnt a considerable amount of things. Like how Yosōijō lost her sight and her parents, how Rei had been subjected to abuse after his parent's divorced due to the manifestation of his quirk, and many other little things. In a way, Shinsou felt at peace and that he belonged.

This brings us to the present as the trio were going to have their usual hang out but with a new agenda.

"Where are we going?", Shinsou asked impatiently.
"Calm down Hito-Kun. It won't be a surprise if we told you, right~", Rei said with a smirk.
Shinsou turned towards Yosōijō expecting an answer but instead was ignored. He sighed knowing he won't get anything from the two.

Their journey finally came to an end when they stop in front of a cat café shop. Shinsou's eyes brighten but were quickly replaced with a suspicious glint." What are you guys up to?", asked Shinsou as he get dragged into the cat café by Rei. Yosōijō follows softly saying, "My, my can't friends have a hangout?"
After a little persuasion, Shinsou was finally convinced that his friends weren't up to anything and just enjoyed the company of his accepting friends.

After their cruise at the cat café, they dragged poor Shinsou to the arcade and played to their hearts' content. Rei took it upon himself to take pictures of each moment. It was quite the moment for Shinsou as he had to constantly remind himself that these are people that truly care for him.

Yosōijō and Rei's fun raid finally ended at the mall. Shinsou looked at the large structure that seemed to be looming over him every second. "I don't wanna do this", Shinsou said with a turn of a heel in attempt to get away from the structure. Rei held him by the shoulder and carried him like a sack of potatoes catching the curious stares of bystanders, "This is highly needed Shinsou-kun. So please don't resist." With that Shinsou was carried to his demise.

The trip was short-lived as the group mostly did window shopping with the occasional buying here and there. Sadly Shinsou failed to notice the determined gaze of his two friends each time he gazed on an item with interest. 

"Finally! I am out of that hell", Shinsou's enthusiastic voice didn't match his tired face. Yosōijō gave out a breathy laugh while Rei smirked. "Well we aren't really done, we still have one more activity but we all need our rest so Rei and I already planned that we will all freshen up and meet at our favourite spot in the town's park. We plan on meeting up by 7:00pm. I hope that is fine with you?", Yosōijō's soft voice came through. Shinsou's widen eyes glanced at Rei to see him nod his head in agreement.  

Shinsou felt his heart shake as flash back to that incident appeared in his mind. 'They told me those kind of words and guess what happened to me? Are they also gonna do_', Shinsou's thoughts were interrupted when Yosōijō softly called out his name.

"Why wasn't I t-told about this?", Shinsou felt his heart-beat  speed up and he had to catch a stutter from escaping. Rei's gaze on Shinsou softened as Yosōijō had a small frown. They both could hear and , in Rei's case, 'see' the distress Shinsou was displaying. Rei's voice was soft as he spoke, "Shin-Kun, we are sorry for not telling you about this outing plan and it's fine if you don't wanna come, it's just that Yosōijō and I really put in a lot of effort in this to prepare for this and it was meant to be a surprise. I get you still have a little distrust in us due to rough experiences  but I want you to know we would never plan to harm you , okay?" 

Rei placed a hand on Shinsou's shoulder to stop the shaking Shinsou didn't realise he was having.  Shinsou was having a little panic attack but agreed to what Rei said. "I understand and I apologise for my distrusting nature. Can I quickly be e-excused? I'll think of an answer to your proposal". With that Shinsou quickly went on his way trying to calm his speeding heart.

Yosōijō and Rei watch the slouched back of Shinsou as he rushed home. "He is facing some form of trauma", said Rei. His laid-back jolly composure was gone as his eyes were shar and profound.

"Yeah, and  both of us, he needs help."Yosōijō agreed. "What are friends for? Come on Yosōi-kun~, lets go make today a memorable day for our lovely sleep deprived, insomniac friend", with that, Rei dragged Yosōijō towards their next agenda.  

                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally that is over. I had wanted to go a little bit farther but I am a little bit mentally exhausted so I will stop here.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance. (I think in some countries it's already 25th... 🤔)

I'll keep on doing my best to update and when I reach chapter 10 of this book I'll publish a new book I have been working on. I will give a summary of the book in the next chapter.

Thanks for your support and God bless you!

                                                                                                                                                                           ~Rella🦊