Chapter 3

3rd person POV

One year has passed and Yosoijo has been coping quite well. Life had a peaceful air and all but usually terrifying in the night due to her nightmares. This prompt Granpa Li to start getting her therapy as well as getting her homeschooled in fear of a panic attack happening when she was in school. 'Though she is more mature than her peers, she is still only a child. Such trauma should be treated with caution to prevent it from negatively affecting her in the future' he thought to himself.

Meanwhile, Yosoijo didn't dare to let her faded sight get in the way of achieving her goals. Her sight was slowly getting worse as the day goes by and she knew it wouldn't be long before she wakes up one day and finds out she can't see anything. So she resorts to the only solution she could think of, which was to prepare for it. She couldn't stop the blindness that was fated on her so she had rather prepare and be able to live on a little bit smoother when she is blind than wallow in her fear and guilt.

She, therefore, resorted to learning Braille writing and printing and practising walking around the house blind with a blindfold. She took her therapy and studies seriously as she was ready to live on and achieve her dreams for the sake of her parents.

She was expectantly waiting for her quirk to manifest since she was of age (four years old). She didn't care what quirk she had along as she wasn't quirkless, she will use it to her advantage and be a hero just like she always wanted. Sometimes she had her doubts and fears but she pushes it down before she can even feel them. She was also eagerly waiting for her quirk so she could pop the big question on her grandfather and ask him if he could train her with her quirk and a weapon of any sort. 

You see Grandpa Li is a retired hero who has a flair for weapon mastery. They live in a house with a Japanese setting on a hill in a forest that belongs to the Gatous and also a training dojo down the hill that Grandpa li uses as a mini school to teach children how to have better control of their quirks. They weren't far from civilization as there was a neighbourhood that was directly opposite their first so if something were to happen, they won't be left completely stranded.

Her grandfather, on the other hand, was worried about her. She was distant and yet very hardworking and he didn't see that wrong since he understood her mature nature but she was forcing herself to grow up way to fast, keeping her emotions bottled up and not finding a way to let it all out. Sometimes she won't tell him she had nightmares in fear that it would feel like the therapy she was receiving was not enough. She needed to understand that everything needs time and that it won't be long until she would burst like a bottle that has gas in it. Grandpa Li sighs as he continues to train the youngsters on how to control their quirks. It was something he took joy in, to help young kids to grow and use their quirk to the fullest of their abilities. Sure teaching in a school was an option, but he liked the feeling of training and living on the mountain. It gave him a feeling of anciency.

                                                *------------*------------*-------------*

The night is bright due to the stars that light up the sky and peaceful as everyone is soundly asleep on his/her bed, well not everybody...

Yosoijo lays on her bed twisting and turning as her nightmare has her trapped and choked just like she was on that night. Her whimpering could be heard as the dream gets more intense and her tears start to flow down her face. She shoots up awake, as her eyes are clouded with pain, guilt, sadness and anger. 

Pain and sadness at the thought that her parents weren't here with her anymore to watch her grow and live my life.  Guilt because she couldn't do anything on that night and that she was weak. She thought that she was supposed to die not them, she blamed herself for their death thinking that if she only was stronger and not a coward, maybe just maybe things would have been different. Lastly, her anger rising like a bubble bath at the thought of those who ripped her life away from her in a blink of an eye. She felt all these emotions stronger, tighter and louder since she has been keeping in these emotions for a year now.