Chapter 14

Azaiwa knocked on the sick bay door to earn Recovery Girl's approval.

He gave her a nod, asking a silent question about Yosōijō's health and she hummed with a kind smile.

"Quite the first day huh Shota?"

Azaiwa grumbled back a response to convey his tiredness and hidden distress, he shuffled into the sick bay and looked around the room. The smell of disinfectant and faint blood hit his nose. He scrunched his nose in discomfort when his eyes finally met the trio with the main character sited on the sick bay's bed. His eyes widened slightly with the sight of fragileness and ethereality that Yosōijō carried on herself.

Here she was, long thigh-length hair sprawled on the sheets as her pale delicate skin was wrapped in bandages. Her half-lidded eyes seemed to make it possible for her long dark eyelashes to fan her cheeks and they appeared to be tear-stained, probably from the panic attack. She fiddled with her bandaged fingers with a form of elegance and she appeared to be in her world as the two boys around her fussed over her and it was rightly so, she was a masterpiece to be protected.

He was snapped out of his internal deliberation to protect the smaller child when he heard a cough and a growl from the boys. Azaiwa looked up again to see that all three had taken notice of him and they, in this case, the boys, were not happy with his presence.

He coughed before the silence became awkward and took a step forward, earning a low growl from Rei. Azaiwa gave him a look that said,' The hell is wrong with you? ' His inner question was answered when a pale delicate hand hit Rei at the back of his head earning him an, "ow".

His eyes traced the delicate hand to its owner and found a look of annoyance on Yosōijō's face. 

"What are you? A dog? Behave yourself Rei, Aizawa-sensei is still our teacher."

"But he caused you a panic attack.", Rei grumbled. He seemed to want to say more but kept quiet when Yosōijō gave him a pointed glare.

Shinsou on the other hand had a different view of the situation.

'He has become a simp', was what he thought. Shinsou sighed as Yosōijō again used her ignorant charms to add people to her secret and unknown protection squad. 'At least he would treat her better', was what he thought.

Aizawa faked a cough once again to gain their attention. biting the bullet to not waste any more time, he gave a brisk bow and apologised for causing her harm. "I apologise Miss Gatou for the unforeseen accident that my irresponsibility has caused. Though, I would be lying if I said that you didn't have a hand in this."

"Hey!", Rei protested with a growl. His yellow eyes seemed to glow as his pupils turned into slits. He seemed to have a lot to say but was stopped by Yosōijō who raised her hand and shook her head.

Yosōijō gave a soft smile to her teacher and gave a low bow. " I apologise on my part. My actions did not only disrespect the aim of the exercise but your authority over the class. My being here is a consequence of my actions and I take full responsibility for it. I will accept any punishment" 

Rei protested against that but Yosōijō shook her head in defiance."Azaiwa-sensei is right. I had a part to play. I wasn't taking the exercise seriously"

Aizawa upon hearing how Yosōijō spoke about the situation, became more pleased and inclined to have a favourite, not that he was going to tell anyone. He will rather have his sleep schedule cut off than lets Mic hear of his supposedly, adopted favourite student.

Aizawa huffed to get their attention once again, 'Geez these kids have the attention span of a cat', he paused at that thought and realized he might as well watch over these three brats for a little bit.

'They have this air of trouble going on about them. Might as well keep an eye on them'

With that thought aside, he went on to say what he was going to say, "I am very impressed by your action of taking responsibility but I will appreciate it more if you refrain from doing such an act again or there will be consequences, do you understand?"

Yosōijō looked down a bit and bit her lip in a pout, Aizawa's heart ached at seeing her frown

"Though you still showed good control and versatility if your quirk to enact your rather troublesome plan so I will give you that", Aizawa huffed without a change in expression or pitch.

'Simp.', was all Shinsou could say in his head.

Rei seemed to see that the teacher didn't really mean too much harm so he reduced his aggression to Aizawa. though he put a mental note to keep an eye on the teacher.

Meanwhile, Yosōijō had a very light blush on her cheeks as she felt shy to hear a somewhat compliment from the hardest-to-please teacher in UA. She had heard rumours of each teacher from her seniors in the dojo and she knew he wasn't one to give compliments or 'well done'. Albeit this well-done wasn't directly given, it was still one.

"Thank you Aizawa-sensai, I will work hard and take my classes seriously."

"It is expected of you in the first place kid. You are excused for the rest of the day, You two," this was directed to Shinsou and Rei, "go back to class in 5 mins. I can't have all three missing classes if there isn't anything wrong with you. Yosōijō, I will inform your guardian of the accident and have your guardian picked up. You just had a panic attack, a rest is in order."

With that, Aizawa left after getting their affirmation of what he said and left to follow the necessary protocols. 

Five minutes later, the boys left with Shisnou promising to get the necessary materials that she might have missed and Rei fussing over before he got dragged by Shinsou.

Twenty minutes later, Lizzy came to pick her up scolding her for her recklessness while fussing over her the more. Let's not forget the earful she received from her grandpa bear. She was too drained to process how she reached her bed before she blacked out.

All in all, it was quite a day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi my beautiful foxies, how are y'all doing? I am so sorry for the blackout, I was drowning in the workload of my Foundation studies, (Basic Medical Course), and could only survive through the help of my Jehova, (Can I get a Hallelujah!🙌)

I apologise for the short chapter but I am quite burnt out today, barely had sleep even though I am experiencing the holidays, that is my own fault for my amazing time management abilities but we have overcome it!

I am just here to assure you all that both of my books (The Forgotten and Nothing Holding me down),  are still ongoing and I will try to update as much as possible before the start of classes during August (The stress is real, people😬 )

Take care y'all and I wish you the best.

Vote, comment and follow (if you want) and God bless you all 

                                                                                                                          ~Rella🦊