Chapter 4

*[FOUR YEARS LATER]*

Little eight-year-old Yosoijo wakes up to begin her daily training. You might be wondering why she doesn't have school well she asked her grandpa to be home-schooled until she is meant to go to middle-school and is labelled 'mentally stable'. Cruel? yes but Yosoijo felt like she wasn't ready to meet kids her age and though the timing is probably the worse timing to put a 'visually impaired ' girl in school (I mean the middle school could crush her!), she wasn't totally alone. She still had her brother-like child-hood friend, Kurojin Rei and Aunt Lizzy who almost took the spot of her mother figure though no one could ever fill the place of her mother. Plus,Yosoijo loves a challenge and what better opportunity for that than to go to the agonizing and depressing middle school after she has deemed herself ready to face the world.

Lizzy is a kind, sweet lady who moved from America to Japan with the aim of starting afresh. In the process of searching for a job to support her, she stumbled upon a job opportunity that included babysitting with high pay and even a place to stay. At first, Lizzy wasn't too sure as she wonders what the hitch was because well according to her; "nothing good ever comes free". After much thinking, she decides to give this job a chance.

Meanwhile, Grandpa Li was well aware of Yosoijo's sight getting worse with the passing days and years and even though Yosoijo is talented enough to do certain things herself, he still couldn't help but worry. So after a little consideration and discussion with Yosoijo, he decides to hire someone who would watch over her and keep her in check, to guide her and help get through her slow yet expectant sight loss. Sure, hiring someone wasn't the best choice and there were some really rough and bad experiences derived from that not-so-calculated decision but you could say it all turned out a great cause, in the end, Yosoijo was able to meet someone as amazing and talented as Lindsy Melito.

Any way, Yosojo looks around her room, trying to get a glimpse of light only for it to fade away. She closes her eyes tight then opens them wide, thinking that will help but she is enveloped in darkness like a blanket was dropped on her eyes. She watches as the light and things in her room fade in and out and eventually, everything is dark. She waits a few more minutes thinking her eyes will just fade back to the light but after waiting some more minutes she finally realizes that that light will never come back.

She is blind.

She feels as one tear rolls down her face then another and before you know it she is a crying, blotchy mess with her head down and her knees hugged close to her chest. She had always known this day was going to come and she always thought she could live on without her sight because she had done thorough preparation and training but for it to be actually gone now, she still can't believe that it is gone.

"it's sad," She mumbles to herself as she cries more. "It would have been much better if I had lost my sight on that day than for it to be slowly slipping from my grasps". She soon hears footsteps near her door and a click to inform her that someone has entered the room,

Yosoijo uses her second quirk to be able to smell who the person is through scent and catches a whiff of flowers, dirt and a faint smell of coffee. She instantly knew it was Lizzy, making her jump off the bed and trip because of poor footing and her not able to see. Yosoijo lands with an 'ow' and a sniff as she resumes crying on the floor, forgetting her whole plan of running to Aunt Lizzy for support.

Lizzy was quite surprised by what had become of the black-haired girl as she is mostly known for her strong, determined attitude and her lack of showing weakness. Though she had seen Yosojo show weakness when facing nightmares, it was nothing like what was in front of Lizzy now. Yosojo was determined in everything; from training and studying to even the co-curricular activities meant to be seen as 'fun'. She never took things for granted and gave her all in everything. So you could imagine the shock and horror Lizzy had on her face and in her heart when she sees the black-haired girl sprawled on the floor crying her eyes out and wailing like if all is lost.