Chapter 1 - The Ground

Isabelle's POV:
I feel the sun on my face. I see trees all around me, the scent of wildflowers on a breeze. It's so beautiful. In this moment, I'm not stranded in space. It's been ninety-seven years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. Twelve nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only the Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the Earth needs another hundred years to become survivable again. Four more space-locked generations, and man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, that's the dream. This is reality.

3rd Person:
Two guards come swarming in Isabelle's cell. " Prisoner three-one-eight, face the wall." One of the guards say. Isabelle starts to panic "what's going on?"  "Quiet. Hold out your right arm." The other guard snapped. "No. No. It's not my time. I don't turn eighteen for another couple of weeks" said a slightly confused Isabelle, "Hold out your arm." The guard says.

Isabelle's POV:
On The Ark, every crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death unless you're under eighteen.
"Take off your bracelets" one of the guards say.
" No. No way, your gonna have to kill me" I said defensively
" Take it off"
" No!" I shout , I push one of the guards into the wall and knock him out i then take his electric baton and zap the other guard. I run out of my cell all I can see is lots of prisoners get taken out off there cells. I see guards coming so I run but I don't  get very far I hear a male voice shouting on me. " Belle STOP!" I  turn around relief washes over me as I see my  father. " Dad? Dad what's happening?" I said as fear took over me. " They're going to float us all aren't they?" I said with complete fear taking over me.

"Your not being executed... You're being sent to the ground... All 100 of you." He said trying to calm me down . "What? No it's too dangerous" " Maybe but this will give you a chance to live  you'll be free but I need you to stay alive just like Fionnuala I can't loose the both of you" "wait Fionnuala is going?" Joy and utter relief  rushes over me. I suddenly feel a pinch in my arm I start to feel dizzy I fall into my dads arms. "Yeah she's going too. You  both have protect each other down there," My eyes start to flutter shut and all the noise slowly fades away. "I love you both so so much. May we meet again."

3rd person:
Isabelle's eyes start to flutter open. " about time sleeping beauty" a voice from her right says she instantly recognises the voice excitement floods her and she becomes fully awake
" Fionnuala" she said as her eyes lit up. " The one and only" she says confidently with a smile. " ooh you look hungover " letting out a chuckle. " trust me, I feel it" Isabelle says roughly while looking about the ship. Isabelle looks over at Fionnuala and she can feel that somethings wrong. "Hey, what's up?" Fionnuala sighs and looks at her with worry in her eyes. " It's full moon tomorrow." Isabelle looks at her with a smile. " at least now you don't need to be locked up anymore you can be free"

" no I can't what if I hurt someone or worse what if I hurt you" she said worry creeping over her. "You won't I won't let that happen. I promise." Isabelle knows Fionnuala wouldn't hurt her even if she wanted to. " Plus I'm  not that easy to kill." she said with a smile. Fionnuala looks at her and grins "oh, we both know that" They giggle.
They both get interrupted by two people arguing. " Is that..." Fionnuala says confused "Clarke" Isabelle interrupts her with a glint of hope in her eyes.

Isabelle's POV:

I haven't seen Clarke in so long not since we were arrested.
" What are they arguing about?" Fionnuala spoke up beside me confused as to why Clarke and Wells were arguing. "Shhhh" I hushed trying to listen in on their conversation. The drop ship shook violently making everyone scream. "Was that the atmosphere" said Fionnuala obviously scared "yeah" I said trying to settle my nerves. Then a loud voice boomed over the dropship. "Ugh" Fionnuala exasperated looking away in disgust. "Here we go" I sighed rolling my eyes.