Chapter 2 - conflicts

"We got problems. The communications system is dead. I went to the roof. A dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires." Wells informed us as we sat on the dropship ramp planning our next move.
"Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather. See? Look. This is us. This is where we need to get to if we want to survive." Clarke told Wells "She's right" Fionnuala agreed "there's nothing we can do now" I chimed in Wells looking at me reluctantly nodding knowing we're right. Wells changed the subject and looked over at what Clarke was doing
"Where'd you learn to do that? Your father." He wondered. He looked up at her in realisation. I gave Fionnuala a weird look. "I wonder what happened between them" I whispered to Fionnuala. "They're acting strange" she whispered back to me. We get interrupted by the boy with the goggles.

"Ah, cool, a map. They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer." He said winking at me whilst trying to flirt. I smiled at him kindly or as Fionnuala calls it my flirtatious smile. Fionnuala looked at me smiling shaking her head in disapproval "what" I shrugged at her."You mind?" Wells said pushing him away from us. " hey Wells relax" Fionnuala said trying to calm him down. "Hey, hey, hey, hands off of him. He's with us." Ugh here he comes I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes. "You gotta be kidding me. Out of all the people up there they just had to bring him down" I whispered to Fionnuala obviously annoyed at Murphy's entrance. She chuckled at me "good luck with that" she said smiling at herself walking to get closer.

I felt someone's gaze on me. As I turned around to the side my eyes met with the none than Bellamy Blake's curious eyes. Of course he heard that. I rolled my eyes and walked up to the circle of people.  "Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are." Trying to reason with Murphy. "We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" Bellamy interrupted.
"We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority." Pleased Wells.

"Screw your father. What, you think you're in charge here, you and your little Princesses and your little blonde sunshine?" Octavia stated referring to us. I clenched my fists and glared at the girl. Fionnuala saw this and grabbed my wrist so I wouldn't do something stupid.
"Calm down" she whispered. I took a deep breath "What you think you're in charge." I scoffed. This angered her and I loved riling her up "Listening to the words coming out of my perfectly glossed lips. We need food if we want to live. We need water if we want to live. I don't know about you but does it look like there's water about. Does it look like there's food about. I mean unless you become cannibals and eat each other...  but then all of you will die. So I suggests you shut up and listen to what we have to say." This definitely got all of their attentions. Each and everyone of them were looking at me some were intrigued and others were scared.

Bellamy looked at me with curiosity as if he was trying to figure me out. Clarke stood next to me backing me up. "Isabelle's right! We need to get to Mount Weather not because the Chancellor said so, but because the longer we wait, the hungrier we'll get and the harder this'll be. How long do you think we'll last without those supplies? We're looking at a twenty-mile trek, okay? So if we want to get there before dark, we need to leave now." Nobody moved an inch. Bellamy looked around before speaking up "I got a better idea. You four go, find it for us. Let the privileged do the hard work for a change."
Cheers came from all directions.

"You're not listening." Fionnuala exclaimed.  "We all need to go." Wells shouted
Murphy comes up behind Wells and pushes him."Look at this, everybody... The Chancellor of Earth." Murphy stated. "Think that's funny?" Wells asked not taking any joy in this. Murphy pretends to punch Wells then he kicks his legs sending him stumbling.
"Wells!" Clarke and I say with worry. I tried to interfere only to have Fionnuala stop me and Murphy's goons stop Clarke.

"Yeah, Come on. Get him!" People in the crowd cheered.
"No, but that was. All right." Murphy said. I rolled my eyes and turned to Fionnuala "he really thinks he's everything" she looked at me with a smirk. Murphy went to walk over to Wells then out of no where Finn jumps in front of him "how bout you wait till it's a fair fight".
Fionnuala and I looked at each other "arrogant vampires" she whispered to me. "More like arrogant Murphy" I whispered back and we both let out a chuckle. We helped Wells. "You okay" I asked. He looked at me and smiled "yeah" he confirmed. "Let me see your ankle" I said to him. On the ark I trained to be a doctor for most of my life. Before I was arrested I became the youngest doctor on the ark. Let's just Say I'm very good. Wells put his ankle out to me and I bandaged it up for him. " it should heal in a day or two." I assured him "thank you" he said giving me a thankful smile. "Don't worry about it." I smiled.

"Uh! So Mount Weather. When do we leave?" Finn came up behinds us.
"Right now. We'll be back tomorrow with food." Clarke confirmed.
"How are the four of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Wells questioned. As I looked around. Then Finn goes and grabs two people.
"Six of us. Can we go now?" " yeah let's go." I told them.
"Sounds like a party. Make it seven."  Octavia piped in. Until Bellamy showed up behind clearly not agreeing with what she said. "Hey, what the hell are you doing?" He said as if she was crazy. "Going for a walk." She snapped.
"Hey, were you trying to take this off?" Clarke asked as she pulled up Finn's wristband. "Yeah. So?" He questioned not caring.
"So this wristband transmits your vital signs to The Ark. Take it off, and they'll think you're dead." She informed us.

"Should I care?" Finn shrugged. "Well you should you take off that wristband and the people you love up there are gonna think your dead then they won't come down here because the ark will think we're dying"  I snapped at him. They all looked at me including Bellamy.
"She right" Clarke said a agreeing with me. "Now let's go." She told them. "We don't have time to waste."  I said bluntly as everyone start walking. "Go on."  Bellamy said deciding to let Octavia come with us. I went to walk away before Fionnuala grappled my wrist. I turned to her "what is it?" I asked "I'm not coming with you's" she told me "what? Why not?"
I asked concerned. "I have a friend that I need to see to um..." Fionnuala told me not knowing what say. "To catch up" she finished. I followed her eyes who were on a boy. I knew why she was staying. I let out a chuckle "to catch up. Really" "I want to talk to him" she told me thinking I was clueless. "Oh I can assure you there won't be any talking." I mumbled with a smug smile. Forgetting Bellamy is right next to us with a smirk on his face. "Shut up" she said unamused. "On you go" I breathed to her. "Hey, Isabelle." She called before I walked away. "Don't do anything stupid" probably worried I was going to get hurt. I nodded my head at her leaving to catch up with the others.