Chapter 3 -To save a life

Isabelle's POV

As we were walking I managed to find out everyone's names. Finn is the one with the long brown hair he's a bit overconfident and flirtatious but a nice guy all in. Then there's Octavia she's got the same brown hair as me and the kind of colour of eyes as me. She's more flirty than Finn a lot like me and she's really energetic too. Jasper is the one with the goggles he's trying to impress Octavia but it ain't working. He likes too joke about with Monty. So I've learned. Monty's  the Asian one he seems really smart and I'm guessing he keeps Jasper in line. Reminds me of someone always keeping me in line. Last but not least we have Clarke the blonde she's my favourite right now out of all these hooligans she's responsible and she's one of my best friends.

Right now we're just walking through the woods to find mount weather. Earth is so beautiful I think to myself while I'm looking at all the plants. I look over at Finn who is picking a gorgeous purple flower and puts it in Octavia's hair.
"It's so pretty" I say in awe staring at the flowers. "Isn't it"  Finn said looking down at me smiling. "Yep!" I said walking away.
"Now, that, my friend, is game."  Jasper whispered to Monty pointing over to Octavia.
"That, my friend, is poison sumac." Monty pointed out. "What? It is?" Octavia questioned whacking it out her hair. I chuckled. "The flowers aren't poisonous. They're medicinal, calming, actually." He said  "His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on The Ark." Jasper said explaining to us how Monty knows all of this. Then Clarke snapped "Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Obviously walking faster than us.

"Come on, Clarke. How do you block all this out?" Finn questioned.
"Well, it's simple. I wonder, 'why haven't we seen any animals?' Maybe it's because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us. Sure is pretty, though. Come on." She said pretty fast. I rolled my eyes why should we be in a hurry as soon as we get back to camp we'll probably hardly get out.
"Someone should slip her so poison sumac" Octavia smirked as I walked up to catch up with Clarke. "Hey, you okay?" I asked her something didn't sit well with her.
"Yep" she said with no further information. "Are you?" She questioned looking at me. "Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Not knowing where this was going. "You've been through a lot." She stated looking at me all concerned " Well none of that matters now cause I'm fine"  I said not wanting to talk about it any longer.
"Okay then" she said looking away from me.

"What about you Isabelle" Finn Spoke up coming out of no where. I looked at him quizzically. "What about me?"
"Why are you here?" He said simply. I took a deep breath " A couple of months ago me and my sister Fionnuala committed murder well I didn't she did I was just the idiot who covered it up so I wouldn't lose her" I could feel all their gazes on me. "We never told anyone what happened. I know exactly how to cover it up to make sure there is no evidence. And there wasn't. We floated the body and had a good alibi every piece of evidence was destroyed we deleted the camera footage and looped it so no one knew we were their. It was the perfect murder" everyone looked at me gobsmacked none looked scared. I kept on walking.

"Well..." Jasper said "Well what?" I said " What happened next" Octavia said eagerly. I continued my story " well what we forgot to look for was witnesses an idiot on the guard saw us do the entire thing and used it to manipulate us into doing his bidding. That went on for months, until one day I had enough. Then he decided to turn us in and my father locked us in solitary because he was scared that something might happen to us in the skybox. Father of the year." I puffed sarcastically.

"Hey, you know what I'd like to know? Why send us down today after ninety seven years? What changed?" Finn said quickly changing the subject. I Looking away from their dumbfounded expressions. "Who cares? I'm just glad they did. I woke up rotting in a cell, and now I'm spinning in a forest." Octavia said spinning round a tree trying to get Finns attention. Not working though cause he brushed her off. Poor girl needs lessons on which guys to go for and which ones not to go for.
What am I talking about my relationships including friendships were so toxic.
"Maybe they found something on a satellite, you know, like an old weather satellite or it wasn't a satellite." Monty wondered.

"The Ark is dying. At the current population level, there's roughly three months left of life support, maybe four now that we're gone." Clarke said with no emotions obviously not wanting to think about it. "Oh my god" I whispered in utter belief I still had people I loved up there. Maybe that's why she got locked up I wondered.
"So that was the secret they locked you up to keep, why they kept you in solitary, floated your old man?" Finn wondering the same thing. Clarke didn't answer just kept walking.

"Clarke?" I said worryingly. My best friend needed me and I wasn't here for her. What kind of friend does that make me. She looked over at me probably sending my concern before speaking again "My father was the engineer who discovered the flaw. He thought the people had a right to know. The Council disagreed. My mother disagreed. They were afraid it would cause a panic. We were gonna go public, anyway, when Wells..." she trailed off.

"What, turned in your dad?" Monty asked confused. That's horrible I thought.
"Anyway, the guard showed up before we could. That's why today. That's why it was worth the risk. Even if we all die, at least they bought themselves more time." She continued. I scoffed " and here I thought they couldn't be more selfish."

"They're gonna kill more people, aren't they?" Monty said in fear probably for the people he has up their. "Good. After what they did to me, I say, float them all." She said skipping past everyone. "Come with me" she said dragging me along with her.

We found a lake a beautiful one. Octavia smirked at me "let's go for a swim" I said undressing my self. I had a black dress on that covered my bum with a pair of trousers over me. I took off my trousers and my shoes. When the others showed up.
"Octavia, Isabelle! What the hell are you guys doing!" Clarke shouted.
They were all acting like they weren't checking out our body's. Octavia and I looked at each other and we both jumped into the water it felt amazing feeling all the water around me.

"Guys! We can't swim" Monty shouted as they rushed over to us. "We know" I said with my head peaking out of the water. "But we can stand." Octavia said giggling with me as we both stood up and splashed water at each other.
"Wait. There's not supposed to be a river here." Clarke questioned. "Well, there is. So take off your damn clothes." Finn insisted. "Oh... Octavia, Isabelle, get out of the water! Get out of the water now!" Jasper screamed as I turned and saw a huge sea monster come for us. I pushed Octavia right out of the way and to land. As this creature rushed into me and latched onto my thigh. "Ahh" I screamed so loud. The pain was agonising. "Isabelle!" Octavia screamed and that was the last thing I heard
Before being pulled under water.

I can feel the water filling my lungs. Im gasping for air. I felt like I was under for minutes until I feel someone bring me to shore. I felt someone pressing my chest.
"Come on Isabelle" "breathe" it sounded like Clarke. I open my eyes gasping for air coughing. I feel a shoot of pain through my thigh I looked down and all I could see was blood covering my thigh. "What the hell" Clarke said. "We need to bandage it up so it doesn't get infected and so you don't lose so much blood. Okay?" She said in a hurry trying to find something to cover it. "I know I'm a doctor. Relax it'll heal eventually" my thigh look like half of it has been bitten off andyou can almost see the bone.

Disclaimer
They are not going to sleep over night I'm just going to do Jasper getting attacked in the next chapter on the same day sorry.