Chapter 4 - The Connection

Back at Camp

Fionnuala's POV:

I was in my tent that I had set up for me and Isabelle. I was lying in my makeshift bed with Noah our bare bodies touching. Noah is the guy Isabelle was going on about we used to date for a couple of years on and off again. I haven't seen him since I got locked up. I looked up at him smiling. "What are you smiling about?" He said smiling back at me. "Nothing" I said taking in his features.

After a few minutes a felt a sharp pain in my thigh. "Ow!" I exclaimed looking at my thigh. "What's wrong?" Noah jumped up. "It's Isabelle" I breathed holding my thigh. "Somethings wrong." I said getting my clothes on. Once I was ready i turned to Noah squeezing my eyes shut. "What are you doing?" Noah asked. I opened my eyes "I'm trying to get through to Isabelle. But I need to focus so shh" I said closing my eyes again. I focused as hard as I could to try and get through to her.

Isabelle's POV:

We decided to sit down and take a break for a bit to get our energy back and to figure a way to get across the lake. Every one had feel asleep apart from Finn and Clarke they had took off not that long again. I heard rustling beside me it was Octavia. "Can't sleep?" She asked me sitting up next to me. "Nope, you?" I asked turning to face her. She shook her head.

"how's your leg?" She asked concerned looking down at my thigh. "Fine." I said lying through my teeth my leg was in pain and it hadn't healed yet and I don't know why it's taking to long. "Shouldn't it have healed by now?" She wondered. "Yeah I don't know why it's not healed yet?" I answered back. "Maybe because it's so deep." She said trying to find an answer. "Maybe" I agreed. "Hey, thank you... for saving me." Octavia said thanking me. "Don't worry about it." I replied back. She smiled at me and I returned it.

Fionnuala's POV:

"Come on." I urged "Come on Isabelle" I whispered for her to pull through. Fionnuala took a huge gasp as her eyes went a glowing piercing blue. "Wow" Noah said amazed.

3rd Person POV:

Octavia and Isabelle were talking until Isabelle let out a huge gasp and her eyes became a glowing piercing blue colour. "What the hell?" Octavia breathed having no idea what is happening.

Isabelle opened her eyes she wasn't in the woods anymore she was in and endless dark room. "Fionnuala!" She shouted trying to search for her. "Isabelle!" Fionnuala exclaimed. "Are you okay?" She asked worried something bad happened. Isabelle nodded. "What the hell happened to your leg?" She questioned "I got bit by a gigantic sea snake." Isabelle exclaimed being a bit over dramatic. "No way actually?" Fionnuala asked in disbelief. "Mhm" Isabelle nodded. "Woah" Fionnuala said believing her.

"Will you be back before the full moon tomorrow?" She said looking at Isabelle with a pleading look. "Of coarse I will be." Isabelle confirmed. "Okay good" she said with a sigh of relief. "Anyway what's going on back at camp?" Isabelle wondered. "Bellamys being an ass and he's got like most of camp at his begging."  Fionnuala told her. "Just wait till I get back." Isabelle stated with a mischievous look in her eyes. The two sisters smirked at each other.

"I'll be back soon." Isabelle said as Fionnuala was about to leave. "Wait!" Isabelle shouted. "What happened? Why are you so happy" Isabelle questioned feeling her emotions. "I'm not." Fionnuala said defensively. "You know that whatever you feel I can feel too." Isabelle Stated. Shaking her head. "And you've got guilt written all over your face..." She added. Fionnuala sighed and looked up at Isabelle. "I'll tell you later." Fionnuala said choosing not to tell Isabelle "okay fine." Isabelle gave in. "I'll see you later." She added. Fionnuala nodded and she disappeared.

Isabelle's POV:

I came out of my trance with a big deep breath and blinked a couple of times breathing heavily. She looked at Octavia who had a shook expression on her face. "What the hell was that!" She exclaimed "sorry Fionnuala was trying to get through." I apologised. "What are you talking about?" She said clearly confused.

"Right so umm... Fionnuala and I had this connection that we've had since we were kids. I'm not sure what exactly it is going between us. It's like a link between us and it tells us like what each other's feeling, she can tell what I'm feeling the same as I can tell what she's feeling and what you saw there was her trying to talk to me through our heads as for the connection between us  it's weird but em... we can also sense when each other's in trouble and if one of us is hurt." I explained. "Woah." Octavia said with an amused look on her face.

"So Fionnuala... she's your sister right?" She asked. "Yip." I confirmed. "That's so cool i've never met someone who's also got a sibling like me." She said excitedly. I smiled at her. "I've also got 2 brothers." I told her. "Really?" She asked. "Yeah." "What's their names?" She asked.
"Stefan and Damon." I answered . " Stefan went missing a couple of years ago maybe two. We don't know what happened to him or where he is. One minute he was here and then the next he was gone." I said sadly bringing up sad memories.
She looked at me sympathetically wrapping an arm around me. "Well you have all of us now." I put my head on her shoulder. "Yeah" I said softly.