Chapter 27

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 27:

"Dude," someone muttered as they kicked me lightly in the ribs. I stayed unresponsive.

There was another kick, "Dude, Lake, get up." He rolled me over onto my back with his foot, and then it collided harder with my side. I groaned and squinted at him through the morning light. Whiskey was already in his uniform with his backpack slung over one shoulder and his hair styled to perfection.

"What time is it?" I rubbed at my watering eyes but refused to crack them open any further. The pain in my head was somewhat manageable, but I hadn't even stood up yet.

"You have like," he glanced down at his watch and then back at me, "ten minutes."

"I'm going to look awful," I said sadly, running hand through my hair only to have it get stuck. I stared down at my sweatpants and looked up at him, my eyes still only a crack open due to the sunlight that flooded in through the windows.

"You need to drop me off at home. I don't have my uniform, or backpack." Whiskey sighed in annoyance and offered a hand to pull me up off the ground. He distributed an Advil into my palm and began to walk away.

I stared at the pill for a moment before putting it in my mouth. Oh, God. I couldn't swallow this. I started to gag on the dry pill and Whiskey shot me an amused glance as he pointed to the water on the side table.

My day was already off to an amazing start.

It wasn't until I was standing in the hallway, waiting for my Advanced Functions teacher to come unlock the door, that I realized. I realized that despite the fact I was in my uniform with my backpack on and my hair looking mildly presentable, I had neglected one thing. One fucking huge thing.

There was still cocaine in my bag.

I groaned, out loud. Not that there was anyone there to hear it since I was the only one that would show up to a math class moderately early. I had to find Beatle. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, unlocking it and ignoring the missed calls and texts that lit up my lock screen.

When all my calls went unanswered it started to really set in. The hairs on my arms rose in goosebumps and my stomach flipped in an uncomfortable way. Everyone seemed to see right through me and suddenly I couldn't take it.

There was fucking cocaine in my bag.

Yesterday it didn't seem so bad. I was helping Beatle and I only needed to hold onto it for a few periods, and then it was over. And there was no reasonable evidence to suspect I had anything. Now they had already spent a day mulling over the surveillance from yesterday, and if they started to connect the dots I was utterly fucked.

I stared at my phone screen a second longer and opened up my messages, ignoring all the new ones from Beatle probably asking me where I went and why I wasn't talking to him. I began typing a text to him.

Putting the box in the bathroom.

Next to the garbage.

Math wing.

The delivered sign appeared and I prayed that he would read it before someone else found it. I slipped into the bathroom and checked under the stalls to make sure no one was in here. Unless someone saw me, I was safe. It's illegal to put cameras in the bathroom, not to mention that would be disgusting and pointless anyways since all you would probably catch would be some kids trying to stick toilet paper to the ceiling.