Chapter 17

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 17:

"I shouldn't have come." Mi turned to leave, and he was probably right. But yet I couldn't find it in myself to leave him like this, despite how awful he had been to me.

"Wait, Mi. You can come in." He looked almost shocked. His face was red and blotchy, and I could tell he was cold by the way he wrapped his arms around himself. I didn't understand what he was doing out so late in the cold.

"Thanks," he whispered. I could tell he was trying to contain his tears as he walked into my house but he just couldn't.

Forgiveness was probably my best and worst quality. I could forgive someone for anything, and I never held a grudge. If I tried to stay mad it would last about a day, and then I would forget what happened in the first place.

He stared at me for a minute and then he began to cry again. Like full-fledged-can't-breathe crying.

"I hit him," he blurted out. Mi threw his hands over his face and I tried to peel them away.

"Who? Who did you hit?"

'"Whiskey." I stop trying to get him to show his face and took a step back, putting plenty of distance between us. I stared at him in shock. I couldn't understand it. I should have yelled at him and told him to get out, but I was too curious. Did Whiskey tell Mi how he felt?

I didn't say anything; I just stood there and stared at him as he continued to cry. It was probably one of the weirdest experiences of my life, watching Mi cry. It was like seeing a skinny Santa Claus, or a submarine flying- it just didn't happen.

He tore his own hands from his face and looked back at me as I watched him.

"Why aren't you yelling at me? You're supposed to yell at me; I hit Whiskey." It should have sounded spiteful and angry, but the way he asked it was so sincere. Like he had come here to be yelled at; like that was what he wanted.

"Why did you hit him?"

Mi sniffled and wiped his nose with the back of his sleeve. "It's a long story."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"When I got home, my mom had already been drinking. She always drinks though, so that really shouldn't have been surprising. She was yelling at me about the shoes I left in the hallway or something, I don't remember."

"We fought and then she told me to leave. So I did what I always do, I went to Whiskey's." I nodded as he spoke, feeling a tug at my heart strings as he spoke. He was impossible to understand no matter how hard we tried. Mi wasn't relatable to me.

"But Whiskey wasn't there. His sister, Gemma, let me in and I just decided I would wait for him. I saw him coming up the driveway, and he was with a guy. They were laughing and then he kissed him." I had to bite my lip to hold in my smile at that. I wondered if it was coffee store guy. I was glad that Whiskey was finally moving on to some degree. Liking Mi was dangerous, emotionally and physically, and I didn't want Whiskey to get hurt while I just watched.

"And then you punched him because he was gay?"

My shook his head and sucked in a long breath, wiping at his eyes periodically. "No. He came inside and we started fighting about it. I," he gulped and paused, looking up at the light fixture on the ceiling. "I called him a faggot."

I didn't reply; I wasn't surprised. I still flinched at the word though, I hated it. It was just a stupid derogatory term, and I didn't even understand how normal words are taken and the meaning is change so they are offensive. Faggot is a bundle of sticks, fag is a cigarette.