Prologue

☆Blaze☽

Prologue:

My shoes scuffed against the ground as I refused to draw my attention off of them. I tried to remember how exactly I got here, not like when I left my house or walking down the street, no. I was trying to remember how I became this person. But I knew all too well how I got here. Stupid high school. All I ever wanted to do was fit in, and now I found myself here.

I stood in the dark alley, freezing cold, and the bag pressed against my side didn't help at all. In fact, it only added to my shivering. I was too terrified to raise my eyes up. I continued to trace invisible patterns with my foot on the gravel.

I heard a set of footsteps coming towards me, and my heart began to race. I couldn't do this. How the hell had I got myself involved in this? Oh shit.

"Are you Beatle?" I looked up to the golden eyes boring into mine. Everyone said golden eyes were beautiful, but to me they just seemed horrifying. I nodded weakly. I wanted to speak, but I knew I would say something insanely stupid. I didn't trust myself.

The man before me was tall, and well built. He was at least twice my age, and could snap me easier than a toothpick. He looked at me expectantly and I reached into my jacket, grabbing the thing that was causing me so much confliction. My heart was beating so loudly it was all I could hear in my ears. I was sure he could hear it too. I'm going to get caught. I'm going to get caught and go to jail.

I glanced around the alley, checking it was empty, and then took a step closer to him before shoving the bag of marijuana into his hands. He opened the Ziploc bag and picked up a single bud, crunching it between his fingers and inhaling the smell. He nodded his head, impressed, before sticking it into the pocket inside his jacket and pulling out a wad of money and handing it to me. I counted it, $200. We parted ways like we had never seen each other, going opposite directions down the alley.

I had to fight all my instincts not to race down and around the corner to where I knew the car would be parked. My blood was rushing and my breath was coming in short gasps. I had done it. I didn't get caught. I wasn't going to get expelled from high school in my final year; I was going to live to graduate and go to university. But, most of all, I would have friends.

I saw the black car around the corner, and strolled up to it calmly. I could see the four of them sitting in the car. Beatle was behind the wheel, Mi was in the passenger's seat, and Trick and Whiskey were sitting in the back seat. I opened the back door and slid in next to them, none of them were wearing seatbelts.

"Got the cash?" Mi called back to me, and they all turned to stare at me. I considered teasing them and saying I didn't, but decided I liked my head attached to my body. I tentatively pulled green twenty dollar bills out of the belt of my pants and passed it up. Mi counted it and then passed it to Beatle, who also counted it. One thing this group lacked was trust.

"Didn't think you had it in you." Trick hit my back hard and I beamed, like it hadn't hurt at all. His tattoo sleeves were nearly invisible under the moonlight. Whiskey gave me a look that said, 'Good job, kid'. Beatle simply nodded and began driving.

"Vote, now. Let Elliot in on our dealing?" I turned to all of them eagerly; I needed this. I had finally decided that I wasn't going to spend my final year of high school being the antisocial nerd. I wanted to live; I wanted to feel what everyone talked about. And as much as dealing drugs scared the crap out of me, these guys new how to live. They were the definition of bad asses. I was perfect too, I had that innocent look to me that all of them lacked. One of those faces, where I could be 26 or 14. For the record, I was 17.

They all nodded in consensus, and it took everything in me not to yell out and wave my fist around triumphantly. Instead, I turned and wiped the smile off my face, like it didn't make a difference.

"Cool," I drawled out and turned back to look out the car window as the buildings raced by.

*a/n

Elliot-->

Well, I'm super excited about this.

Oh, and in case you didn't see it by the title--

If you've made it this far but somehow missed it, just to reiterate : this is a boyxboy story

And I also don't condone the use of drugs, underage drinking and whatever else that may happen in this story that is illegal.

Also also I wrote this book in 2014 when I was 15/16 and it has not had any major editing since then, so please go easy on me. One day I will go back and edit this story the way it deserves, but currently I'm working on finishing my other works.