Chapter 11

☆Blaze☽

Chapter 11:

I woke up with what I would call a mild hangover, although I didn't have anything to compare it to. But the pounding in my head was about the same as when I went days without my glasses (usually because I lost them) -painful, but bearable.

What I found amazing though, was that I could remember everything. I thought when you got drunk you forgot all the event of the night before, and woke up in a place you didn't recognize, or at least that's what happened in every book I've ever read.

But I could remember every word, every side glance, every touch.

Maybe I didn't drink enough, I thought with a groan as I looked up to the digital clock flashing red in my face that it was half past five. I was never good at sleeping.

I buried my face into the pillow as my mind replayed all the events of last night for me. That wasn't me, it wasn't possible. I didn't just kiss people, and throw myself at them. God, I seemed so desperate last night. The only person I had ever kissed -aside from Beatle- was Courtney O'Riley in the third grade. And afterwards I pushed her into the sand and spit her 'cooties' out next to her. So it was safe to say that I was inexperienced. And I had only watched porn once, in the fourth grade, I was trying to find Avril Lavigne's song Naked. That clearly hadn't ended up working out for me.

I took note of Beatle's arm tossed across my body and sighed. I really needed to get out of here before I had to confront him. Why? Because I ran away from my problems. Running was the one thing I was good at.

The covers felt soft and warm under my hands, and I could feel the heat radiating off Beatle's body next to me. I really didn't want to go.

I pushed the comforter down and started to slip out when I felt his grip tighten on me and he muttered incoherent words.

I wanted to say that I needed to go home, or I didn't want to burden his parents more than I already had. And maybe if I didn't want to stay so badly I would have said one of those things. Instead I laid back into the mattress, the room still dark since the sun had yet to rise.

"It's too early." Beatle buried his head into my back and I felt him speak the words across my shoulder blade.

My stomach churned as his lips brushed across my skin as he spoke. This was bad, this was very bad. This wasn't supposed to happen.

I knew Beatle would never ask for us to be official or exclusive, and I knew I would never ask him to. So I was doomed in this spot. It was like being a booty call, except with feelings. Friends with benefits if you will.

I knew my heart couldn't take this though. And ever if Beatle was my boyfriend, he could never come out if he valued his life. So what was the point?

I let out a sound that resembled a whimper at my thoughts, my hand shooting to my mouth to stop it.

"What did I do? Are you okay?" Beatle shot up to a sitting position and he set his sight on the bruises left over on my stomach.

"It wasn't you! I'm fine, just- ah... hungry?" I peered up at him awkwardly, trying to look sincere.

'It's five thirty." He said in a frustrated tone, rolling his eyes. I knew it wasn't normal to wake up this early for him.

"I- uh, um. Yeah." I stopped trying to form a sentence and ran my hand through my undoubtedly messing hair, falling back onto the bed. I closed my eyes, hoping that maybe I could fall asleep until we were late for school and would have no time to talk about anything.

I felt a sudden draft as the covers were pulled off of me, squinting my eyes I stared at Beatle though the darkness. He was standing at my side of the bed, his hair messy from sleeping and his bottoms hanging low enough that the whole band of his boxers were showing.